Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Art or Just Plain Creepy?  (Read 119270 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Art or Just Plain Creepy?
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2013, 01:03:58 pm »

Yep, http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/08/police-nab-first-upskirt-photographer-of-the-summer/

Bob, you are (mostly) right. You are absolutely right that police will arrest you. I do not know about Canada, but here, in "the land of the free," most judges will then let you go.

You see, only about 10 states here have a specific law banning up-skirt photography (as of 2005, at least). There are some judges who specifically said, in a freeing verdict, that women do not have "a reasonable expectation of privacy," even under their skirts, if they are in public. A USA Today article on the subject here.

RFPhotography

« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2013, 04:31:02 pm »

Whether it's 1 or 10, the laws still exist.  More will likely he enacted.  More may have been enacted in the intervening 8 years.  And, as you note, even if charges are dismissed, arrest is still likely.  It's also worth noting that the judges don't seem to generally want to dismiss the charges but do so because they feel they have no other option.

Rob C

« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2013, 05:16:14 am »

Bob, you are (mostly) right. You are absolutely right that police will arrest you. I do not know about Canada, but here, in "the land of the free," most judges will then let you go.

You see, only about 10 states here have a specific law banning up-skirt photography (as of 2005, at least). There are some judges who specifically said, in a freeing verdict, that women do not have "a reasonable expectation of privacy," even under their skirts, if they are in public. A USA Today article on the subject here.

Expectation or right? Different, very different. If they legally don't have that right then the law is truly an ass (no pun intended, in this case). A charter for violation of the person, then?

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up