Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do when launching C1v7 just spins in "load mode" without completing?  (Read 3017 times)

Phil Indeblanc

I launched C1v7 and it still is trying to completing the launch. I rebooted without other apps, and still it continues with the cursor in "loading mode". I can't click anywhere on C1. TaskManager to kill works.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:35:22 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Phil Indeblanc

C1v6 is working, SLOW to read the files, but working.

So I tried going to a IIQ image file, and it says the Database failed repair or Verify...both failed.  Tried an older session, and it starts to launch, but then no response as initially.

I was able to open a older Test session I had created, and this didn't allow me to browse the folders, but I was able to create a New session.

This cost me about an hour. What a waste
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:10:57 pm by Phil Indeblanc »

Phil Indeblanc

Looks like there is a 7.1.1 update 

Didn't read the release note, but maybe this is related?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Phil,

Are you mac or win?  If win I would totally un-install C 7.1x.  Phase has some instructions on their website on a complete uninstall process.  If you are a catalog user, I believe you will lose that, but there might be a way to back it up.  They also have instructions for a mac uninstall.    If you are running a mac, you may need to re-name your Capture One 6 to something like Phil's Capture One 6, as both versions will load in the mac app's folder as Capture One and this can cause some confusion.  I had to do this on my mac when I installed 7 or I got a similar error, 7 would never load but 6 would fine. 

You can also just go back to a system restore point prior to the install of Capture 7.1.x., restore the system and re-install. 

Phase always seems to like having older versions removed, but I still have 6 installed on my main machine with 7.1.1 and no problems. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Phil Indeblanc

Thanks Paul! Thankfully I'm not running Catalogs. I wish I could run without Sessions either, but of course Companies looking to lock you in for profit don't agree with Keep It Simple Stupid, they rather be the latter. (there maybe worse)

This morning had the same issue. I think your advise is what I need to do. I was going to do a uninstall from the system, but I will check C1 recommendation as surely there maybe a reason with orphan files etc.
Yes, I'm on a PC, I thought Task Manger would give that away:-)

I have both as I use C1v6Pro for all files when needed (not often at all). I use the C1v7 DB to shoot and edit as I do like the 7 processing. So the 6 can be deleted. I process with the C1 if I shoot with C1. Otherwise when shooting with 35mm DSLR, LightRoom is good enough for it...At least vs C1v6.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:36:38 pm by Phil Indeblanc »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One

Phil,

Are you mac or win?  If win I would totally un-install C 7.1x.  Phase has some instructions on their website on a complete uninstall process.  If you are a catalog user, I believe you will lose that, but there might be a way to back it up.  They also have instructions for a mac uninstall.    If you are running a mac, you may need to re-name your Capture One 6 to something like Phil's Capture One 6, as both versions will load in the mac app's folder as Capture One and this can cause some confusion.  I had to do this on my mac when I installed 7 or I got a similar error, 7 would never load but 6 would fine. 

You can also just go back to a system restore point prior to the install of Capture 7.1.x., restore the system and re-install. 

Phase always seems to like having older versions removed, but I still have 6 installed on my main machine with 7.1.1 and no problems. 

Paul Caldwell

Hi Paul,

The Catalog is independent of the application so you will not affect any catalog by uninstalling Capture One!!!

I think I should make that very clear.

Phil - Its hard to give suggestions without knowing the full config.  Have you opened a support case?

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Phil Indeblanc

I'm Windows 7-64bit for software.
I did the uninstall/delete as PhaseOne support suggests with deleting other folders/reboot clean install.
I tried Catalog and I had just left it alone, so I just wiped it, and will continue with forced Sessions :-)

Did 7.1.1 get a subtle facelift/touchup?
Looks a touch different? (maybe since I cleared my workspace, it just looks different to me).
Either way, I now have only v711 installed and things look like they are running smooth.

I'm not sure if it is the re install but thumbs are loading much faster in the browser. I also purged my workspace, and just about everything deleted besides a few recipes.

I didn't do the support ticket as in the past on a few occasions, I get a response by the next day, which is rather good for many users, but I expect "pro" software to have as little issues as possible, and when things do happen...as they do....keep the software as little invasive in your work as possible.....(raw processor as passive in my work as possible)  to deal with such situations to be able to do clean install and be up and running ASAP.
...I did opt to send PhaseOne data info to help future issues at the installation complete prompt.

Thanks for the concern David. I don't know why it happened, but I did have v6 installs and my sessions were scattered from OS drive to Nas and kinda mixed around...As each time I use C1 to shoot, I have to define the Session and capture folder and. Not sure how it at one time picked the OS/C drive to be the session, as I noticed it was when doing the uninstall. But when work needs to be done, its possible somehow that was chosen.

Pages: [1]   Go Up