Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Printer Advice  (Read 4408 times)

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
Business Printer Advice
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:52:20 pm »

Hi

I'm looking for a good business all-in-one printer that can do A3, color, scan and copy. I'll use it intermittently in the beginning, but possibly a lot more a few months down the line. Ideally it can do WiFi as well. I'll be printing B&W mostly, but need the ability to print A4 and A3 color charts and brochures.

Have no preference for laser or inkjet, whatever works without complaints - and the cheapest possible over the long run.

Any suggestions on a good workhorse printer?
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Business Printer Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 08:14:54 am »

Hi

I'm looking for a good business all-in-one printer that can do A3, color, scan and copy. I'll use it intermittently in the beginning, but possibly a lot more a few months down the line. Ideally it can do WiFi as well. I'll be printing B&W mostly, but need the ability to print A4 and A3 color charts and brochures.

Have no preference for laser or inkjet, whatever works without complaints - and the cheapest possible over the long run.

Any suggestions on a good workhorse printer?

I've had really good luck with the Epson Workforce Series Printers...

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/printers/WorkForce-business-printers/index.do

Just replaced an old refurbished WF600 that was doing fine with a new 2450, because it does Airprint and we use Ipads a lot.

Craig Lamson Photo

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:19:20 am »

Thanks, Craig. The 7510 looks great.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:32:38 pm »

After a few of years of struggling with cloggy little desktop printers and their minuscule, leaky, and astronomically expensive carts, I finally bought a $100 HP 1006 laser.  It has cost me zero grief in the last three years.  Reliable as the refrigerator.  Toner carts last about forever.  No color.  In the exceedingly rare instance when I need office color, my wide format printer can help.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:00:22 am »

Thanks, Bill. I need color, and A3 at that.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 03:50:34 am »

I have an Epson workforce WF-7525 and it works great. It's a bit pricey though but I'm sure you can afford all of its features.

Good luck!

Thanks! I actually bought the 7511, which has a single tray. The 752x isn't available in India, unfortunately. Works great!

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 01:29:02 am »

Hi Sareesh,
I'm a little late to the party.
My father-in-law owns an inkjet refill shop.  I recently purchased a printer for the same reasons as you and asked him for advice.
His response (from a purely technical point of view) was 'we like HP's and Brothers - the people that own these have less problems as the build quality seems to be better - they also have less problems if their printer sees intermittent use.'

I've now had a Brother for about 9 months - it's great - simple set up.  For an everyday printer the quality is just fine.  I've done a couple of presentation prints on it for Expressions of Interest and I'm more than happy with the quality.  Mine is the J4410DW with is single tray and takes up to A3.

With your Epson make sure you print at least one page every week....Epsons (in my experience and also my father-in-laws) if not used over a lengthy period of time are liable to have their print heads block up.  I had one printer (when I went on holiday for a month) block to the point of no repair - and this was with genuine Epson Cartridges.  The cleaning software could not help it.

Sorry for picking this up late.
I hope you're printer sees good use.

Andrew
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 04:00:30 am »

With your Epson make sure you print at least one page every week....Epsons (in my experience and also my father-in-laws) if not used over a lengthy period of time are liable to have their print heads block up.  I had one printer (when I went on holiday for a month) block to the point of no repair - and this was with genuine Epson Cartridges.  The cleaning software could not help it.

Sorry for picking this up late.
I hope you're printer sees good use.

Andrew

I found few choices that fit all my needs...actually only one! Many models aren't available in India from either HP or Brother.

The 7510 model costs $180 on Amazon. I paid $480 for it, after taxes and what not. And this is from Epson via a reseller.

Thanks for the advice, Andrew. I will definitely print at least once a week. So far, it works great. I've tried printing from an iMac and a windows-based laptop, no issues at all. Colors are acceptable. Fingers crossed.

Ah yes...now I'm having trouble finding good quality Epson paper...
Pages: [1]   Go Up