Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export Variant with Embedded Camera Profile  (Read 3842 times)

alosurdo

Export Variant with Embedded Camera Profile
« on: April 16, 2013, 07:31:08 pm »

Hi, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. When i export a raw file from my P30+ back to a tiff file for editing in PS, i have always selected Embede Camera Profile as the icc. However when i open the tiff in PS and have a look at the profile, it is a sRGB profile. I am wondering why this would be. I am sure the embedded camera profile of the phase back wouldn't be sRGB.

Is it better for me to then export as ProPhoto or AdobeRGB??

Thanks

Andrew

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
Re: Export Variant with Embedded Camera Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:14:22 pm »

No, it's better to use the embedded camera profile. Please attach some screenshots of your process recipe and where PS is saying it's sRGB. It works as expected for me.

-Nik

alosurdo

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:28:08 pm »

Hi Nik,

I am relatively newish to C1.

I was just taking some screenshots for you.

How i export to TIFF is i right click on the image, select EXPORT then VARIANT then the attached screen appears.

This time when i went to get a screenshot in PS, it is now sating it is a PROPHOTO profile... Something strange seems to be going on here.

When it is imported in to PS shoudl it still say Camera Embedded Profile?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

alosurdo

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:51 pm »

Just exported again and now all are exporting as ProPhoto even though Camera Embeded is selected.

I think i may have found a glitch (or more then likely it is me).

When i right click on the image and Export this way the Profile is either sRGB or ProPhoto for some reason.

HOWEVER....

When i use the recipe functions, the image exports with the Camera Profile.

I am not sure what this could be
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:41:18 pm by alosurdo »

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 07:40:17 pm »

I believe you are correct that the Export function is not working properly (it happens with me too) - ie, it is not attaching the embedded camera profile to the exported file. You must file a support case with PhaseOne here;

http://www.phaseone.com/My-Account/Login.aspx?transferPath=http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain/ContactSupport.aspx

and supply screenshots and explain yourself as you've done here. Sorry, you will have to repeat yourself.

But the 'correct' way to convert (export) files to tiffs using CaptureOne is via the Process recipes in the 'Output' tool section. This is how most people do it. I never use the Export function.

If you're new to CaptureOne you should have a look at their free training online;

http://www.phaseone.com/webinars
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDMRz3ssFQH6HhCcWLh7xL0SapRxUNzs9

Best,

Nik

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 11:02:54 pm »

This behavior is not a bug. I first discovered it in C1-v6 when using local adjustment layers. I submitted a case to Phase One and here is their response-

Jack,
This is correct.
By using the Local Adjustment tool and editing the color, a larger color space needs to be selected to accomidate the changes. Currently, when using this tool in this way the sRGB color space is used by default. This will be adjusted in the future but at present, given the infancy of the Local Adjustement tool, this is the proper way for the tool to correct for color in a selective manner.

Kind Regards,
Phase One Support

Since it has not been changed yet you may wish to open a case of your own. I, however, have not missed the "embedded camera profile" using the recent C1 releases. Prophoto has suited me.m YMMV.
Jack Varney

tho_mas

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 01:30:57 pm »

right click on an image -> "export" -> "variants" indeed chooses sRGB as output color space... choosing "embed camera profile" in the menu does not work. so there is a bug.

exporting the regular way (tool tab "process summary"->"process" or thorugh the default keyboard shortcut cmd+D) does work trouble-free.

however Jack is also correct: with color edits on a layer you have to choose a color space as output profile. embeding the camera profile with color edits on a layer doesn't work by design (the color editor physically alters the input profile. it is impossible to merge the unaltered input profile of the bottom layer with the altered input profile on the color edit layer into one new profile. so you have to choose any other profile for output in this case).

Pages: [1]   Go Up