Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software development contract  (Read 1593 times)

RFPhotography

Software development contract
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:34:14 am »

Anyone got a simple - stress simple - contract they may have used for development of software?  I'm going to be talking to an app developer about a mobile app and if it looks like it's going anywhere, want to be able to formalise the arrangements.

Thanks.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: Software development contract
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »

Lots of Google info on "software development contract" including boilerplate contracts.  As I have seen over and over again, the success of a hot software product is usually tied up with the skills of one brilliant programmer.  If he jumps ship, the product atrophies.  If he is of a particular mind, you will get to know too many lawyers.  Success + Money + Multiple_People = Conflict. The stories I could tell, and the ones I can remember all end badly.  A few my old professional programming buddies are doing very well with "apps" but in every case they are both Chief Programmer and CEO, that's what you need to stay sane.

RFPhotography

Re: Software development contract
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:19:00 am »

Thanks, Bill.  I know of the Google results.  Just wondered if anyone here had something they'd used in the past that they might be willing to share.

As far as making money and the developer buggering off, I don't expect that this will make really any money.  It's going to be; if it ever gets done, a niche app for a subset of photographers.  There's no competing product out there right now so that's a plus, but it'll still be a niche offering.  I'd love to be able to do it myself but I'm not a programmer.  I could learn but by the time I did I'd likely be in my dotage and beyond caring.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up