Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless camera control and preview for DSLRs  (Read 2248 times)

FredBGG

nairb

Re: Wireless camera control and preview for DSLRs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 11:20:21 pm »

This is similar and I believe it was announced/available not too long before the one you linked to. This one at least has some good demonstration videos.

http://www.camranger.com/

I recall seeing some user reviews of the camranger when it was first announced earlier this year, but none from the hyperdrive.

GregShapps

• http://www.shappsphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 01:32:46 am »

I used the CamRanger last week for the first time on a 5d2 & 5d3 while on location and it was flawless - 64gb and not a single problem.   I used an original ipad which cant see a raw file so I had to shoot Raw + small JPG which was no big deal - I just trashed the jpgs once the card was d-loaded when back at my studio.    I never had to stop and show anyone anything on the back of the camera - I was able to just keep on shooting while they were busy tagging the files they liked.    The client mode is great and kept my client from messing with any camera settings.

The only complaint I have is finding a good way to mount it and run the cord to keep everything tight and compact as possible.   TetherTools give a free stick on Mighty Mount which was a bit gooey after a long day of shooting.  

The ability to connect multiple iPads would be a welcome update if thats possible.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:47:28 am by GregShapps »

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:28:32 am »

I use Camranger for wireless control of my D800E via my iPad  and it works very well. 
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato
Pages: [1]   Go Up