Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darkened Cities  (Read 31833 times)

SangRaal

Re: Darkened Cities
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »

The images posted by the OP were made by Thierry Cohen and were a "trailer" for an exhibition at the Danziger Gallery in lower Manhattan NYNY (showing March 28 through May 4 2013); in person the original prints are very large and have this very 3D or dimensional character not apparent from the online view(the Gallery web page has better views). I was surprised by the depth of them. I had originally gone to the Danziger Gallery to view an exhibit photographs made by Lloyd Ziff(same dates 3/28 till 5/4) in the late 1960's into the early 1970's of NY Art, Music, and counterculture figures (the highlights were never before shown candids and in situ portraits of Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe before Robert Mapplethorpe ever held a camera). For any of you who visit NY NY I recomend the Danziger Gallery it always has interesting contemporary photography exhibitions. The people who own and operate Danziger have spent large sums working with David Adamson and Epson advancing photo preservation by using scanners and pigment printers to make large printable images of classic photographs whose negatives have been lost degraded or destroyed.

nemo295

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »

Another approach to the compositing technique:

http://www.stephenwilkes.com/fine-art-gallery.php?g=7&t=fineart

Interesting work. Thanks for sharing. Never heard of him before.

Sam789

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 03:06:04 am »

Its really very beautiful landscape photography.i love it very much. but i think its not an human art its a natural art.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up