Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900: Error Code 1433  (Read 9584 times)

walter.sk

Epson 4900: Error Code 1433
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »

I've been using the Epson 4900 for over a year now with no problems.  Yesterday I had Verizon change my DSL line to Fios, which was successful in terms of getting on line, email, etc.

When I turned on the printer to try a nozzle check, the computer could not communicate with the printer.  I went through the routine for configuring the network interface and printing out the Network Status Sheets.  They came out printing only the lower half of each line.  When all three sheets printed out the big red light came on and said Error Code 1433.
I powered down and up again and tried again to print the Network Status Sheet.  Only one sheet printed and the red light returned with Error Code 1433, saying to call service.

Any ideas of what Error Code 1433 refers to?

Any thoughts of what I might do before actually calling for service?

jrsforums

Re: Epson 4900: Error Code 1433
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:55:12 pm »

Here's the code from the 4900 service manual....
John

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:12:51 pm »

I've been using the Epson 4900 for over a year now with no problems.  Yesterday I had Verizon change my DSL line to Fios, which was successful in terms of getting on line, email, etc.

When I turned on the printer to try a nozzle check, the computer could not communicate with the printer. 

This is a little-known incompatibility between Fios and Epson. The Epson printer con only communicate using copper media, and fiber-optics anywhere in the signal chain results in bit-rot that the Epson printers can't deal with.

Oh, sorry. Never mind, I thought it was Monday already.

Jim 

jrsforums

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »

This is a little-known incompatibility between Fios and Epson. The Epson printer con only communicate using copper media, and fiber-optics anywhere in the signal chain results in bit-rot that the Epson printers can't deal with.

Interesting....but where is fiber in the chain within the local, household network?

Oh, sorry. Never mind, I thought it was Monday already.

Jim 

????
John

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »

Interesting....but where is fiber in the chain within the local, household network????

John, Monday is a holiday, of sorts. What kinds of things happen on that holiday?

Reason and logic are not big players on April first.

Jim

walter.sk

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:44 am »

Here's the code from the 4900 service manual....
Thanks for the link to the service manual.  I'd guess that my best bet is to call Epson (fortunately I have the extended warranty).

So I also assume that the change from DSL to Fios is just a coincidence, and that the above issue was pending, anyway?

Jim Kasson's premature April Fool's explanation was good--my technical inexpertise had me almost considering it!

walter.sk

It's Fixed!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 12:31:21 pm »

Wahoo!  I called Epson.  The tech guy had me do a deep cleaning, which found a nozzle plugged and cleared it.  The error code did not return.  I was able to reset the IP address to get the printer back on the network, and I'm good to go.

Sometimes things work out O.K., I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up