Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A99 and Leica lenses?  (Read 3184 times)

Smoothjazz

Sony A99 and Leica lenses?
« on: March 23, 2013, 05:18:00 pm »

Is anyone aware of an adapter that would allow Leica screw mount Ltm type lenses to be mounted to the Sony A99 camera?
Thanks for the info.

marcmccalmont

Re: Sony A99 and Leica lenses?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 07:38:44 pm »

Leitax
http://www.leitax.com/Leica-lens-for-Sony-cameras.html
I have all of my Leica's converted to Nikon the Leica's are superb and the Leitax adapters are superb!
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Smoothjazz

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »

Thanks for the information. They list adapters for R lenses here. I was looking for possibly using an M mount lens, or an older Ltm screw mount. I e-mailed them to see if they have them too.
Does anyone know if this would work- an M mount lens on a full frame sensor style camera? I imagine it does because they sell M mounts for Canon Eos cameras.

BJL

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 08:39:19 pm »

Thanks for the information. They list adapters for R lenses here. I was looking for possibly using an M mount lens, or an older Ltm screw mount. ...
Does anyone know if this would work- an M mount lens on a full frame sensor style camera? I imagine it does because they sell M mounts for Canon Eos cameras.
It cannot work for M mount lenses, because their flange-to-focal plane distance is less than that for the Sony/Minolta alpha mount, while to work with an adaptor (without added lenses in the adaptor), that distance has to be more for the lens than the body's mount, by the thickness of the adaptor.

The M-to-Canon adaptors are for the new mirrorless EF-M mount with a far lower flnage-to-focal distance, not the EF or EF-S SLR lens mounts.

Some details here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance
Pages: [1]   Go Up