Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Website rennovation - please review  (Read 4492 times)

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
Website rennovation - please review
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:23:35 pm »

I have completed a renovation of my main website. It's a pretty substantial change from the old site. The address is: www.myrsphoto.com. I would like to invite everyone to visit, look around, check for errors (seems there are always a few), and comment here. If you have any problem viewing the site, I would really like to know that.

In trying to integrate 3 sites (Myrsphoto, ShootProof, and FAA), I have moved to a lighter background. Your opinions of that are valued.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to look.

Emilmedia

• Emilmedia.se
Re: Website rennovation - please review
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:29:22 am »

Hi, a couple of things just after a few seconds on your site.

The graphic style is very outdated and not so modern. Looks to me like 1999.

Secondly, if I want to see your wedding pictures I have to klick many times to get there, not so easy accessible.

Thirdly, why do you have the gallery with a completely different design?

Too me it feels like you've made it harder then it should be.

Go Go

• New York Editorial Photographer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:48:19 am »

Hi Richard,

I would have to agree with the post above.
Your site is overcomplicated and not intuitive. It needs to be easy and straight forward, otherwise people just leave.
You might want to make some changes.
IMO.

Brett_D

• Deutsch Photography: Wedding & Event Photographer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:49:29 am »

I agree.  Jumping from page-style to page-style with each click is very disorienting.  The jalbum gallery is pretty ugly, plus a pop-up comes up with a "tip to make your album ad free" -- you surely don't want that in there.

MrSmith

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 12:51:33 pm »

bit dated and far too wordy for me, i want to see images not your life story.
images are tiny and when you click on an individual image you get all the print options and other guff around it so it looks messy.
it looks like it's for bean counters not the visually aware to buy rather than a showcase of your work..
sorry but you did ask.

Iluvmycam

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 01:18:26 pm »

If was fast loading and was very easy to nav for me. I give it B+ / A- for what I checked out when it comes to ease of use. I've seen some 'modern' sites that are real crappers that are not intuitive and take forever to load. Yours was excellent in my book. (But I did not check it out 100%) I liked you opened up the site with a nice, impressive pix as well.

Modern means nothing to me. I am there for the photos and not the bullshit web design.

I liked the comments about musicians and info on your state. I didn't read it all, but what I read I liked. If I was interested in learning more about you, I'd go back and read it all. So nice to have that option.

I saw a few weaker shots here or there. I don't like files with 1 or 2 pix in them. Tells me the photog must not have much or is just starting out. I also don't like sites with tons of files to sift through or one long endless file of 500 pix either. But all in all, impressive work and site and fair pricing.

Maybe try a 2nd shooter for weddings. The photogs will work for free nowadays. It can bring another perspective to you weddings pix. I'm not a wedding photog, (I am a doc photog.)but I really liked these. Check out this guys work. Wedding is doc photography as well

http://www.mu-43.com/f42/first-wedding-em-5-pics-34137/

My comments are based on my limited website know how. I just use Tumblr. But with my Tumblr it is straight forward like your site with no BS. (OK, you can do without a few of the extra clicks you have on your site.)

Good work and good luck!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:42:50 pm by iluvmycam »
Pages: [1]   Go Up