Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really need some help ACR - modified date fail issue  (Read 3117 times)

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au
Really need some help ACR - modified date fail issue
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:25:03 am »

I wonder if anyone can help - as clearly Adobe cannot.   This has been going on for some weeks now.   CS6 (and same happens with CS5) in Adobe Bridge, when I make an adjustment to a RAW file, once I've clicked on Done,  it would normally come up with a new modified date in Bridge - well it doesnt anymore, and I've had some of Adobes "finest" techs on the case, taking control of my comp, but none of them have produced a solution - I could do with some help to solve this problem please ?

I've spent about 18 hours on various calls with Adobe, and the issue has been escalated countless times.

Am I wrong to recall that once I modify a raw file and click on done, that when I view it in Bridge, that the modified date should change from the date the file was created ?

FYI, yes I am using the most recent version with all the latest updates.   And also FYI I've been regularly using PS since PS 3 (Not CS3), but way back decades ago :)   Seriously, for the sake of my sanity, could someone help me please ?   Same issue is happening on the previous versions of CS5 which is still installed on the computer.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:27:08 am by wlong »

Redcrown

Re: Really need some help ACR - modified date fail issue
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:59:42 am »

If your raw file is a true raw file and not a DNG raw file, then making changes in ACR will not update the "date modified" in the raw file itself. That's because ACR is creating or updating the xmp sidecar file and not the orginal raw file.

My CS6 Bridge on Windows 7 behaves the same was as your system. Date modified does not change in the Bridge metadata display, even though the xmp sidecar file is updated. If the raw file is a DNG, the the date is updated because the changes are actually written to the DNG file.

But that reason is so obvious I find it hard to believe no Adobe rep thought of it in 18 hours. So perhaps you have something else happening?

Are your raw files DNG? What operating system are you using?

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »

Well its not obvious because even though I'm now talking with a senior tech support manager its their  (Adobes) opinion that it should change as well.

OK in my language a RAW file is the camera proprietary RAW file - but perhaps I should have mentioned that it was a CR2 file.   Its not converted to a DNG which is not a RAW file to me, but a conversion - I have nothing against DNGs, its just not my question.

I'm well aware that the CR2 raw file is just that.  In PS it will attach an XMP file which is hidden in bridge, but that attachment to the CR2 raw file will still be enough to update the thumbnail in bridge, highlighting that there is communication between the XMP and the CR2 RAW file.   

I have the same issue in both Windows 7 on a PC and latest Mac OS on a MacbookPro. 

Redcrown

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:53:11 pm »

Your last thread on this forum was 18 months ago, where you asked the same question, got the same answer, and agreed that is was correct.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=57089.msg461853#msg461853

Did you simply forget, or do you think something has magically changed since then?
Pages: [1]   Go Up