Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tethering a Panasonic GH3  (Read 2657 times)

Trevor Murgatroyd

Tethering a Panasonic GH3
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:44:22 pm »

My new GH3 will allow me to wirelessly tether my camera to an iPad or Android tablet. I would like to do this but have no experience with tablets so am not sure what to buy.

Can anyone give me advice on whether, for composing and reviewing shots, which OS or which tablet I should choose? I am tempted by Retina displays.

Other than using the tablet for tethered shooting, I am an addicted net surfer and e-reader but have no interest in gaming or social networking.

Many thanks

Trevor

Dan Wells

Re: Tethering a Panasonic GH3
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 11:39:06 pm »

The iPad is certainly the standard, and they're beautifully built (if NOT cheap). As for the Retina, I'd check into how high a resolution it's actually sending over the WiFi. It looks like the image size is relatively limited (which makes a lot of sense - live compressing a beyond HD image and sending it over WiFi would be quite a feat - RED sends full HD with a $13,000 module, but this is $1300 and they throw in a camera with the WiFi transmitter)... I think this is just the Live View image (640x480?), in which case an iPad mini might be a perfect match...
Pages: [1]   Go Up