Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Taking a Second Glance at Eye-Stopping Landscapes"  (Read 11847 times)

Ed B

• Light Conspiracy
Re: "Taking a Second Glance at Eye-Stopping Landscapes"
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 07:45:09 pm »

I haven't taken a great, investigative interest: I have seen some of it here and there (not as print) and it only says manipulation skills to me. That isn't what photography, to me, is all about. I simply don't see the point of juxtaposing all manner of things that make little or no logical sense (to me) at all. Because one can doesn't mean that one should. I have no doubts as to his skills, only their application.

In photography, I really do believe in the notion that simplicity means more focussed thought rather than contrived thought. No, I'm not saying that a shot of a blank sky says more than WYSIWYG!

;-)

Rob C

I don't necessarily disagree with the simplicity stance, well done simple images usually are quite strong. However, when I look at manipulated images they aren't really much different to me than paintings with a strange concept, or a book like Lord of the Rings with creatures that don't and have never existed, or a science fiction movie that breaks every physics law we know. It doesn't have to reflect reality to be enjoyable, just needs to be done well.

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:38 am »

Looks like his computer or videocard can't handle the large file while he was moving it around at his screen. Restarting PS might help.
I don't have a signature.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 08:25:00 pm »

Looks like his computer or videocard can't handle the large file while he was moving it around at his screen. Restarting PS might help.

That's the one Wim - ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:27:17 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

theguywitha645d

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 04:17:39 pm »

The taste paradox--everyone has good taste. These pictures don't do a lot for me, but others may find them fascinating. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we saw all the same way?

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 09:58:58 am »

The taste paradox--everyone has good taste. These pictures don't do a lot for me, but others may find them fascinating. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we saw all the same way?

Not if I were the only snapper in the world and everybody liked my stuff!

I could live with that quite happily.

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up