Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Interesting Alternative Lens !!!  (Read 5932 times)

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
FS: Interesting Alternative Lens !!!
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:41:13 am »

The idea was that I was to mount this one to play with on my digital back, but never quite did yet...

I got the idea from here http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/tp135_botanical.html

My lens is Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan Anastigmat 10.5cm (105mm) f/4.5, thus not identical to the one in link above. I assumed it is same or near same optical forumula since all that differ is the focal of mine 105/4.5 vs. 135/6.3. All I done was hold mine infront of camera and it does give a similar soft character. Perhaps not identical, but soft and nice soft per my eyes. Obvious this lens is for experimenting, but would be nice if someone would put it to use!

Asking 120 USD including air mail worldwide.

Appreciate quick reply.

Thank you, Anders

gerdabutz

Re: FS: Interesting Alternative Lens !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:30:38 am »

Hi Anders, what camera mount is it? Regards

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Re: FS: Interesting Alternative Lens !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:42:52 am »

Hi, Good question! I believe it has been salvaged from an old folder that took medium format film or similar. It is thus a large format type lens made for medium format film size.

How to mount it? Scroll down on following link and you can see example how this gent mount such lenses in an old macro bellows http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/index.html

You can read up more on older lenses on his pages. The rendering of this lens was what caught my eyes, I think it is beautiful, soft beautiful, still reasonably priced.

I should say I do not know how accurate the shutter is. The lens is old, I believe very approximate 1940s or so.

Best regards,
Anders
Pages: [1]   Go Up