Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying (and selling) photographs  (Read 6190 times)

Buying (and selling) photographs
« on: September 19, 2002, 07:02:16 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']The income I make from online print sales is very modest. My Monograph sells far better than do individual prints, likely because of its uniqueness.

Anyone with a web site can (and it seems does) sell their photography online so there's something of a glut on the market right now.

I mainly sell prints when I do a gallery show.

Michael[/font]

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 05:56:57 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Do I buy photographs? Of course. I own and have hanging on the walls in my home about 15-20 prints that I've bought over the years. Some are by famous photographers, others by unknowns. The only common denominator is that my wife and I like them.

Michael[/font]

Brad H

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 03:56:15 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Michael,

Every once in a while you mention something that indicates you sell your photographs to individuals (not including your book).  Whether you do that a lot or have an on-line gallery available, in addition to the pictures you put in your articles, that buyers can choose from, I don't know.

Do you make much money doing that?  While most of us would love to sell our photos, not many of us want to spend the time to do it, let alone make it our full-time job.  Who is it that buys photographs from individuals on the Internet?  Are they pretty much other photographers, since they are the ones who would mostly visit other photographers web pages?  Do you buy photographs?  Why or why not?

Just wondering.[/font]

Brad H

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 11:28:44 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Do you buy photographs?  Or are we mostly just content to view 300x400 pixel images on the Web and published books by well-known photographers.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up