Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: In my bag...  (Read 10728 times)

MrSmith

Re: In my bag...
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 05:21:31 am »

iPad.  Fast USB 3 stick.
Cigar
Cigar lighter.

I just rock up to the shoot and hire everything.

Rob C

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 09:21:43 am »

iPad.  Fast USB 3 stick.
Cigar
Cigar lighter.

I just rock up to the shoot and hire everything.

Worrying about this on your behalf, I can offer two solutions:

a. leave the lighter at home, but hold the turd between your lips;

b. leave both at home.

The advantage of solution b. is that it saves your life, sweetens your personl hygiene and stops the curtains from reeking.

When my wife was still undergoing treatment for C, we bumped into a local trader at the hospital who was always to be seen with a cigar between his lips. He was awaiting an operation for mouth and lip cancer. So far, despite beng a shadow of the stocky guy he once was, he's still around. Just. I stopped smoking because of the death from throat cancer of my wife's uncle. I used to get sore throats, stop the habit and they would go away. I'd start again and the throat pains would rerturn. It hardly needed spelling out.

It just ain't worth it.

Forgive the intrusion, but I can't let it pass without doing my best...

Rob C

MrSmith

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 09:42:45 am »

i forgot the smiley  ;D  my post was not to be taken seriously.

i have a couple of humidors full of aged partagas and montechristo cigars, i smoked one at a wedding last year, i have a wedding to go to in september, i'll maybe smoke one then too.

Rob C

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:05 pm »

i forgot the smiley  ;D  my post was not to be taken seriously.

i have a couple of humidors full of aged partagas and montechristo cigars, i smoked one at a wedding last year, i have a wedding to go to in september, i'll maybe smoke one then too.

I feel relieved!

;-)

Rob C

theguywitha645d

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 01:31:48 pm »

Maybe not surprisingly, I have a Pentax 645D in my bag with four lenses--35mm, 55mm, 120mm, and 300mm. I also have an RX-1. Only one lens for that, 35mm. I am not thinking of getting another. Then things like a right-angle finder, cable releases, a bunch of ND filters, batteries, gloves, etc. A carbon fiber tripod with a P0 head--not in the bag. Also a portable tracking mount for star photography, but I recently changed that and have not been out with it, but it does fit in a small belt bag.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2013, 03:10:20 pm »

Hi,

I carry my tripod strapped to the bag, because I want to have my hands free. The RRS tripod I carry would be much higher than my backpack with the head mounted, so I attach the head with a QR to the tripod and carry the head in the backpack. That also protects the head from the elements.

I also carry some other stuff, like a variable ND, ND8 and polarizers and a Color Checker Passport and electric cable release.

Best regards
Erik

Maybe not surprisingly, I have a Pentax 645D in my bag with four lenses--35mm, 55mm, 120mm, and 300mm. I also have an RX-1. Only one lens for that, 35mm. I am not thinking of getting another. Then things like a right-angle finder, cable releases, a bunch of ND filters, batteries, gloves, etc. A carbon fiber tripod with a P0 head--not in the bag. Also a portable tracking mount for star photography, but I recently changed that and have not been out with it, but it does fit in a small belt bag.
Erik Kaffehr

theguywitha645d

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2013, 04:29:21 pm »

Hi,

I carry my tripod strapped to the bag, because I want to have my hands free.

I just slip a tripod leg through the strap on the backpack where it meets the bottom of the bag. I can then get the tripod without having to take the bag off. I simply walk around with my hands free. Being low, it does not snag on anything.

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 05:09:17 pm »

I carry the tripod strapped on the waistpack.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up