Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working with LR4.3 and DXO 8 !  (Read 1469 times)

thierrylegros396

Working with LR4.3 and DXO 8 !
« on: January 27, 2013, 03:50:40 am »

Good Morning,

I've bought DXO 8 Pro and have some problems when working with LR4.3 !

As Highlight recovery is far better with LR and mostly because all my photos are referenced in LR, my workflow is like that: opening in LR4.3, some adjustments (WB, Exp, Contrast, Noise Reduction, some sharpening) than export to DXO (TIFF 16 bits) some adjustments (Optical corrections mostly) than return to LR to fine tune and export to JPG.

But ... after working with DXO, the photos seems to have No Corrections from DXO when returning to LR. More the DXO pdf (French version: Travailler_avec_Lightroom_et_DxOOpticsPro6.pdf) says it automaticaly export to Lightroom in TIFF format, but it asks me to choose an export format .

After some trials I have succeeded to go back to LR, but I'm not sure that DXO corrections have been applied !

More, with RX100 and other compacts, doesn't LR4.3 automaticaly apply some optical corrections as Barrel distorsion, vignetting, ... that are not possible to defeat ??

So, what's the best workflow that works for me ?!

This post is a copy of a question posted in "Other Converters", because there are more people reading here  ;)

Have a Nice W-E.

Thierry

thierrylegros396

Re: Working with LR4.3 and DXO 8 !
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:38 am »

Many thanks to Francisco  ;)

Responses to my questions in the "Other converters" section !

Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up