Playing with internet statistics, as Ellis said, is a real can of worms. There are a lot of crazy people out there, some have an axe to grind, most probably mean well, some are well informed, some are simply idiots. I am fortunate to have a lot of photo friends. Most of them, I'm happy to say, are honest knowledgeable folk but some are more knowledgeable than others and when I want advice, I pick and choose. I'm sure my friends who ask me questions do the same, choosing me when they think I might be helpful. No one asks me about video, they all know I'm quite ignorant. Reading objective reviews, if there are any such things, can be helpful, but adding up posts from people you do not know makes as much sense as asking a complex medical question of the local car salesmen and will likely get you the same quality of results.
I have a D800e and it seems to be working well. I do not have a Sony, though I'd like to. I am fortunate to have an excellent local store where I can go in, bring my own card and make some images with almost any camera or lens I'd like. That, and my friends, has been more helpful to me than anything else. I just bought a micro 4/3 zoom for a trip, an expensive lens, and while I had and took the option of testing it in the store and just outside the store, I'm still considering bringing it back. I know they'll be good about it, I'm an excellent customer and try hard to make purchases there. Their prices are fair, usually the same as or within 5% of B&H so it makes financial sense as well as. I realize this may seem off topic but there's a difference between reading and using. I will say no more...
Eric