Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma DP3 Merrill Experiences  (Read 279595 times)

K.C.

Re: Panorama talk
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2013, 02:54:43 am »

I don't think I would want to be doing multi row and column panos manually.

Have you every shot a multi row pano manually ? It sounds like your GP is the only way you've ever shot.

It's so simple and there are advantages to working manually.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2013, 03:00:11 am »

Have you every shot a multi row pano manually ? It sounds like your GP is the only way you've ever shot.

Yes you are right. It start to be just a little difficult with the DP3m. With the 1 and 2 it is OK manually.
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Scho

• http://photos.schophoto.com/
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2013, 06:57:34 am »

Yes, I've shot multi row panos manually before with a dslr, but I prefer using the GP and the DP3M.  Almost effortless.

abeofRD

Re: Sigma DP3 Merrill Experiences
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2013, 09:45:11 am »

Hi Abe,

I don't think that I would need anything more than a tripod for only 3-4 shots, but if you want to make very large prints at high resolution then the gigapan might be worth looking at.  Set-up is easy and if you are only using one camera with the epic 100 then it is a one time thing for set-up/calibration.  Instructions are here.  When I start a new pano just mount the epic 100 on a sturdy tripod and level the device with camera mounted on the unit.  Check camera alignment when attaching.  Turn on camera, set fixed ISO, WB, exposure, and focus.  If you are using a very slow shutter speed you could also set the 2 sec selftimer for shutter release.  If you do make sure that your preset processing time in the epic 100 is adjusted to account for this.  Turn on the epic 100, and when "New Panorama" appears on screen press OK, go through the checklist that pops up, using the directional arrow buttons direct the camera to the scene area that you want as the upper left corner of your pano (using LCD live view), next do the same for lower right corner, you will see info on pano dimensions and number of shots, press OK and let the epic 100 do its' thing.  After a shoot I just dump the sd card files to a folder on my computer, batch them through SPP with preset WB, color mode, etc. and output 16 bit tifs to another folder.  Open AutoPano Pro, point it to the output folder, it will find and organize all of your pano files (can be for just one or several panos), present previews for each pano, and then you have the option to either edit or render the panos for your desired output.  Quick, easy, and good quality.

Have fun,
Carl

Hello Carl,

I would like to know you said that you use AutoPano Pro, whats your reason you chose this over PTgui and others?

Already got the Epic 100 waiting to arrive is the plate for the Epic from RRS, should arrive today and will try it on Sunday, will try to post some examples some NYC skylines.
Just finished preparing my PC to handle the huge files, fitted with 24GB of RAM which on a Win 7 Pro 16GB is usable the rest is allocated for something which I don't know, still trying to figure out why and how can make use of all the ram without massing up the whole system which happened.

Thank you for your guidance
Abe

Scho

• http://photos.schophoto.com/
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2013, 10:01:08 am »

Hello Carl,

I would like to know you said that you use AutoPano Pro, whats your reason you chose this over PTgui and others?

Already got the Epic 100 waiting to arrive is the plate for the Epic from RRS, should arrive today and will try it on Sunday, will try to post some examples some NYC skylines.
Just finished preparing my PC to handle the huge files, fitted with 24GB of RAM which on a Win 7 Pro 16GB is usable the rest is allocated for something which I don't know, still trying to figure out why and how can make use of all the ram without massing up the whole system which happened.

Thank you for your guidance
Abe

I also have PTgui, which is fine, but I liked the features and convenience that AutoPano Pro has for handling files from multiple panos.  I'm operating with only 4 gb ram on a MBA with external monitor - no problems so far doing panos with up to 24 images.  If you plan on doing much larger panos then your 24 gb ram should be of value.

gmanth

« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:21 am »

usathyan

• http://www.umeshbhatt.com/
« Reply #226 on: May 01, 2013, 12:08:54 pm »

Finally brokedown and got myself a DP3M! and a Franiec grip! I have rented both Dp2M and DP3M earlier but was undecided about OMD vs. DP3M. OMD is a wonderful camera as well (had rented it out as well) and flexible as an all round camera, but ... I found repeating myself that I could never be satisfied knowing that I could never achieve the per-pixel clarity & acutance of the merrill cameras....

So, Now - will have to go back to those rusty tripods and all other gadgets revered...
--------------
Umesh Bhatt [url=http://w

Rand47

« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2013, 08:03:59 pm »

Love my DP2, loving the DP3 too!

Rand
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:07:16 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2013, 04:59:15 pm »

Lets bring up this thread ;)

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
Re:Buying Sigma DP3 from Canada
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2013, 05:34:39 pm »

Henrys in Canada have a good price on the DP3 and I am going to buy one from them for shipment to California. Anyone know if I will have problems with Warrenty issues?

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:52 am »

Ok, more girls then, look like girls are forum fuel !

Charlie, one of my new models - DP3m 800 ISO

And Kim, at 100.

abeofRD

« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »

Hello,

Here is my first samples of the DP3

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2013, 03:22:14 am »

Hello,

Here is my first samples of the DP3

Hello abeofRD :)

Hope you'll enjoy your new camera  ;)

abeofRD

« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2013, 09:50:05 am »

Thank you Hulyss,

Yes I do love the camera it takes beautiful sharp images, I like the fact that its not a point and shoot you have to put in thought and creativity to take an image.
I paired it together with a Gigapan system I hope to post some samples soon if only I would know how to post images it inline with the message not as an attachment.

Good day

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2013, 02:52:48 pm »

22h30

1000ISO
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:17:17 pm by Hulyss »

Rand47

« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2013, 04:39:22 pm »

I continue to be absolutely astounded by the detail rendering of these little bricks.

Here's a link to a full size image: http://rsadams.smugmug.com/Other/Fine-Art-Photos/i-vzc5Dwh/0/O/_SDI0110.jpg
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:08:18 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

MrSmith27

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2013, 06:07:31 pm »

I continue to be absolutely astounded by the detail rendering of these little bricks.

Here's a link to a full size image: http://rsadams.smugmug.com/Other/Fine-Art-Photos/i-vzc5Dwh/0/O/_SDI0110.jpg

you should shoot in raw, it will look even sharper.

Rand47

« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2013, 09:31:33 pm »

you should shoot in raw, it will look even sharper.

What makes you think I don't shoot RAW?  These are uploads to SmugMug.

I shoot RAW to Sigma SPP to 16 bitt tiff to LR5 to "publish to" SmugMug for net display.

Rand
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:46:11 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

MrSmith27

« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2013, 03:01:18 pm »

What makes you think I don't shoot RAW?  These are uploads to SmugMug.

I shoot RAW to Sigma SPP to 16 bitt tiff to LR5 to "publish to" SmugMug for net display.

Rand

Because mine look sharper :-p

Seriously, maybe you didn't use a tripod or your focus is slightly off. Something is wrong, because these can be even sharper. Look, that's a great picture and even now it's way, way sharper than lesser cameras but I think you can get it even sharper. :D

gmanth

« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2013, 01:44:42 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Up