Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3200 - which settings for LexJet Sunset Select Matte Canvas should I use?  (Read 1003 times)

lazybird

Just get new z3200ps 44" and 2 rolls of LexJet Sunset Select Matte Canvas. Could you please tell me which settings should I use? I've never printed on canvas before, so I don't even know where to start. ,) Should I cut a sheet that can will used for calibrating and profiling? Or 2 sheets? May be there's a trick to do it with minimum canvas lost? Should I select "canvas" in paper settings? "Ink flow", "star-wheels" -- what values to choose?

I'm reading manuals now but afraid of hidden rocks, so any help will be very appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:32:38 am by lazybird »

felix5616

do not cut sheets off the roll, load the roll and create the profile from the roll. You can call or e-mail the manufacturer of the canvas and ask what paper preset you should use to create the profile. 

lazybird

In my user manual I read that canvas can't be calibrated (they talk about "fine art material" there) -- is it so?

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com

I found a manual from HP for my Z3100 some time ago that is a guide to using it with Hahnemuhle papers. In the manual they recommend using “fine Art Paper > 250g” as a starting point when building a profile for canvas.

I used that as the starting point, had the printer build a profile and have printed lots of Lex Sunset Select Matte Canvas. It works great.

The title of the document is:
Hewlett-Packard DJ Z3100 Photo
A General Guide for Printing on Hahnemuhle FineArt Papers
Pages: [1]   Go Up