Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working with a non standard camera profile Capture 7 (windows)  (Read 2787 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Working with a non standard camera profile Capture 7 (windows)
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:14 pm »

I am working with some custom camera profiles.  I am loading them on the "other" tab under the base characteristics tab.  Profiles work fine, however when I close Capture One, and later reopen it, I get a dialog box stating it can't find the profile.

Profiles are loaded correctly for windows, i.e. Windows/system32/spool/drivers/color.  (or I am assuming Capture One 7 would not see them to start with).

The other issue is when I go to process a file with the profile loaded, I get an error again stating profile can't be found, but the file does process OK. 

Biggest problem right now is I have to reload the custom profile to every image I was working with each time I open Capture One 7. 
This can't be right, and there must be another way. 

I have hit the "import" button, but I just get an error stating no profiles imported.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

EsbenHR

Re: Working with a non standard camera profile Capture 7 (windows)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:30:55 am »

I am working with some custom camera profiles.  I am loading them on the "other" tab under the base characteristics tab.  Profiles work fine, however when I close Capture One, and later reopen it, I get a dialog box stating it can't find the profile.

That is odd and sounds like a bug. You should file a bug report.

As a workaround, I would try to save it in where the color editor saves custom color profiles by default.
On Windows that would be "%APPDATA%\..\Local\CaptureOne\Color Profiles".

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:04:31 am »

Yes it does appear to be a bug, as it works fine in Capture 6.x.  I will open a bug report as requested.

Your workaround did not work for me.  That folder had no profiles in it, and I added them.  But Capture 7 still errors when opening if the custom profile is being used.

I also tried to add them to the actual folder:  program files/phase one/Capture one 7/color profiles/DSLR,  however as they were not named with "nikon" as the first part of the name they still won't show up.

Need to attempt to get them renamed, however special software is required in windows to rename a icc profile, which I currently don't have.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

EsbenHR

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »

Are you sure your profile ends with an .icc extension? (.icm should also work but that is legacy and I recommend avoiding that). Windows can screw that up for you, and Capture One would not be able to find it.

Need to attempt to get them renamed, however special software is required in windows to rename a icc profile, which I currently don't have.

As long as you just need to rename the files, you should be able to get by with Explorer. Assuming you use Windows 7 do this:
1) Find the folder or type %APPDATA%\..\Local\CaptureOne\Color Profiles
2) If the menu is not shown, press the Alt-key to reveal it
3) Select Tools -> Folder options in the menu
4) Go to the View tab and make damn sure that "Hide extensions for know file types" is disabled.

While you are there anyway, you may as well improve your mental health by enabling "Always show menus" and selecting "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

You can now see the true extension of the files. More importantly, you can also rename it. Windows will whine: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable." Just ignore it and you will be fine. If you don't get that message, something went wrong.

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 04:46:28 pm »

I worked out a solution to this topic that the OP started in another forum. It appears that CO7 can do it all for you.
http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13647#p63057

And it should work the same on Mac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up