Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally Some Good News For Canon!  (Read 1624 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Finally Some Good News For Canon!
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:00:37 pm »

Eat your heart out, Nikon! :)

About 80-85% of the best Reuters shots in 2012 were taken with Canon cameras, taking the first eight places in the ranking.

Reuters has published its list of the best photographs taken in 2012, a massive collection of 95 powerful images showing different events that have occurred around the globe over the past year. In addition to large photos, descriptions by the photographers, and the official captions, each image is also accompanied by information about the equipment and settings that were used to capture it.

Photography enthusiast and Reddit user hallbuzz decided to copy, paste, sort, and tally all 95 EXIF data entries, and published a list with the ranking of cameras, lenses, and settings used.

Another user named mathiasa then took that list and turned the data into a series of charts. They offer an interesting glimpse at how some of the most powerful photographs recently captured by photojournalists were snapped:

Read more at http://www.petapixel.com/2012/12/02/the-most-popular-cameras-and-settings-for-reuters-best-photos-of-the-year-2012/#pJjZaWIVYMfO16bk.99 [/i]

Isaac

Re: Finally Some Good News For Canon!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:40:53 am »

I wonder how many of those could reasonably have been taken with a smartphone?

michael

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:11:53 am »

Part of me wants to write, "Boy, those Canon cameras sure are talented", but I won't.

Goodnight Gracy,

Michael

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:12:29 am »

one of the reactions:

Sven Ratzel • 5 days ago −
I wonder that ANY Nikons are in this statistics. As far as I know all cameras that Reuters owns are Canons. So I guess the Nikon pictures are taken with the photographers own cams, not with the ones provided by the employer....
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

RFPhotography

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:35:49 am »

Keep in mind that Canon gives or heavily subsidises gear to news agencies and some newspapers.  I've never been able to find anything that says Nikon also engages in this practice. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up