Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old School F2's & kit  (Read 1377 times)

Raymond Bleesz

Old School F2's & kit
« on: December 03, 2012, 01:35:54 pm »

I have not as yet unloaded my Nikon F2's ++ & prime AIS lenses ranging from 28 up to 300mm & associated accessorties. I should have done it so long ago as perhaps most of you have. Now, it's pennies to the dollar-----a primal hurt as this is still good pro stuff. But I have Nikon digital going now & I have moved on.

I can perhaps take the goods to a trader & see what value I could get for the kit.  And this is my concern. If the trader does not offer a value trade in for the "entire kit", which would be my preference and the trader only offers to take a lens or two, should I not break up my kit? Should I keep my kit together as a unit?

Raymond

RFPhotography

Re: Old School F2's & kit
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 02:20:50 pm »

Best prices are going to come on eBay, like it or not.  Selling to a dealer you're going to get bargain basement prices because the dealer has to build in a profit margin.  Look at, for example, a place like KEH to see what similar gear is going for at retail.  Figure on, perhaps, half of that at best as your price.  KEH has a 'sell your gear' option where you can get an indicative price immediately.  Might want to try that out.

Your AIS lenses will still work on your digital bodies so there may not be a need to sell those.

hasselbladfan

Re: Old School F2's & kit
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:49:58 pm »

Figure out what are your best 3-4 pieces and keep them. They were your great buddies for so long and a little more money in your hand would not make you happier.

I sold my F2 30 years ago, when they still had some value as a trade-in to an F4.

Yesterday, I was in London and saw a great F2A and I bought it for 150£. I will never let it go anymore.

The rest (which you cherish less), sell it piece by piece and take your time, but you will find them a great new home.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up