Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web publishing  (Read 3578 times)

AlexanderB

Web publishing
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:34:02 pm »

Currently I'm busy building my photography related website. So the question is how do you prepare your photos for web publishing? What software do you use to add copyright watermarks, resize photos etc. Do you sharpen photos before posting to the web? What to consider to make photos look good on the web?

rainbow9

Re: Web publishing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:41:30 am »

I have been using a software called Mass Watermark.Its not free costs around $30.It watermarks many photos in batch you can add a text watermark,logo watermark or even design your own watermark from the branding designer.All post processing options like adding exif info,batch resize,optimization(sharpen,smoothen etc) are included.One great feature is the ability to export the images to picasa/flikr directly

lfeagan

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 11:18:31 am »

Lightroom: The answer to 90% of the software questions on LuLa. ;D

I have a couple of custom Export profiles that I use for web images. I use a couple of jfriedl's Lightroom publishing plug-ins. LR does the watermarking, and you can use jfriedl's Metadata Wrangler if the LR options for what meta-data to add/modify/exclude aren't sufficient. Jeffrey (jfriedl) really puts a lot of effort into his plug-ins and they are of a very high quality. So, please pay him a reasonable amount if you use them. The plug-ins are basically donation-ware as he only asks for a trivial amount of money (ahem, I believe it is a penny) to register after the generous trial period.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:25:15 am by lfeagan »
Lance

Nikon: D700, D800E, PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED, PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED, PC-E 85mm f/2.8D, 50mm f/1.4G, 14-24 f/2.8G ED, 24-70 f/2.8G ED, 70-200 f/2.8G ED VR II, 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
Fuji: X-Pro 1, 14mm f/2.8, 18mm f/2.0, 35mm f/1.4

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 02:42:17 am »

ACDSee is really nice at this with lots of features and savable settings. You can assign multiple editing and watermarking with text or image. There are others. I find the interface easy to use, and it is designed to Manage and create multiple versions of your files in single and Batch processing.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up