Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NW Oklahoma  (Read 1311 times)

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
NW Oklahoma
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:23:51 pm »

A few from Oklahoma.

1. The Glass (pronounce "Gloss") Mountains in NW Oklahoma. The name is said to  be reflective of the selenite crystals in the bluffs but a more colorful local story is that the name was originally applied by an Englishman and the locals misunderstood his pronunciation of "glass".

2.  Little Sahara State Park.

3.  A creek in Roman Nose State Park. The land that is now the state park was given to the Cheyene chief Henry Roman Nose after the Indian wars. He lived there until his death in the early 20th century.

I hope you enjoy these. Oklahoma has more variety in the landscape than most people realize. Comments welcome.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:26:35 pm by rgs »

PDobson

Re: NW Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:05:28 am »

I like the dunes. Thanks for showing us something new. I honestly never expected Oklahoma to have interesting landscapes.

Phillip

AlexanderB

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:24:37 am »

I like first two very much! Did you use film? What film?

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:55:19 am »

They are scans from 6x7 Velvia chromes. What made you think it was film?

I last used my Pentax 67 about 6 years ago on a trip to Alaska. I've been all digital since then and have now sold all of my film gear except the 4x5 and a Canon AE1 that was inherited from my wife's father. She won't let me sell it. The big Pentax was hard to part with but I got a nice 50D for it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up