Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help for Kananaskis locations  (Read 1326 times)

jayz

help for Kananaskis locations
« on: October 27, 2012, 11:15:38 am »

I've seen a lot of photos of Kananaskis in Alberta and finally got the chance to go out there last week.  Unlike locations in banff, I was unable to find a lot of the locations i've seen photos of.  I would greatly appreciate some help in figuring out where Wedge pond, island on Kananaskis Upper lakeU and some of the other locations, as well as the best vantage point and times to shoot a these locations.  I ended up driving around a lot and other then the Spray lakes, really couldn't find a lot of the places I heard about or seen photos of.

mikev1

Re: help for Kananaskis locations
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:00:06 am »

I've seen a lot of photos of Kananaskis in Alberta and finally got the chance to go out there last week.  Unlike locations in banff, I was unable to find a lot of the locations i've seen photos of.  I would greatly appreciate some help in figuring out where Wedge pond, island on Kananaskis Upper lakeU and some of the other locations, as well as the best vantage point and times to shoot a these locations.  I ended up driving around a lot and other then the Spray lakes, really couldn't find a lot of the places I heard about or seen photos of.

It's been a few years since I've spent some time there but I believe the island you are searching for is a short walk from the interlakes parking area, there is a sign that says Interlakes once near the two lakes.  You can see the island from just beside the parking area, so if you don't see it you are in the wrong spot.

There is a walk-in campground near the lower lake, along this shoreline you get some great views.  The walk is only about 2 minutes from the parking lot.

Rawson Lake is quite scenic and a short walk, though we are getting to the time of year when it might be snow-bound.

I believe there is a sign for Wedge Pond along the highway so you probably drove right past it.

mikev1

Re: help for Kananaskis locations
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:09:15 am »

Forgot to add... Burstall Pass, Chester Lake and Fortress Mountain are all great hikes.  More for summer time though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up