Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSX Mountain Lion with NEC 2690 WUXI and SpectraView II = No Communications  (Read 30395 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel

Going for the 1920 x 1080 resolution of the 2690 to the 2560 x 1440 of the 271 takes a bit of adjustment...figuratively.  I'll be interested to hear your experiences.

It arrived today - installed in about 5 minutes and communications back up and running. I love plug n' pray when it works  ;D

Its a hefty increase in resolution over the 2690 WUXi and my immediate impression is that its greatly appreciated. I need to make some prints though and spend a bit of time doing some heavy lifting image processing to really see how it stacks up - but I expect it to be a nice upgrade.

One immediate benefit is the library module in LR. Extra pixels there is VERY nice indeed.

Sad, that I had to confine the excellent 2690 WUXi to oblivion though - I might hold that against Apple for a while yet... ::)

Edit - One other bonus of the new 27" NEC is that it also has 3 x USB ports on it as a hub. I had run out on my mac pro so this was an appreciated feature.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:38:47 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

jpgentry

Re: OSX Mountain Lion with NEC 2690 WUXI and SpectraView II = No Communications
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 06:16:27 pm »

I wonder if it would be effective to install vmware fusion or parallels and install Spectraview under Windows to profile the monitor; Alternatively, I wonder if you can install Windows through bootcamp and profile under Windows?  I guess that would not help on the mac side?

Thoughts?

I guess I'm on the way to Microcenter to pick up an ATI card.  Recommendations?

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com

Good news on this issue. Mac OS 10.8.3 was released today and it should fix the "No Communications" problem.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:45:44 am by WillH »
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures

Good news on this issue. Mac OS 10.8.3 was released today and it should fix the "No Communications" problem.

Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager - Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America Inc.

I'm breathless.

That would be _really_ good news.

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures

It DOES!  Frabjous joy!

I should not admit how much not being able to work in a color-secure digital environment has sapped my ichor.  Please work in advance to help users maintain a fully calibrated workflow.  It is one of the reasons I purchased NEC monitors.  (MultisyncLCD2490WUXi2 & PA271W -- each now properly calibrated for the first time in 106 and 268 days.)

Two thumbs up for taking the bruise out of the Apple.

--Kirby.

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com

Unfortunately I have an early Intel Mac tower and cannot upgrade to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard...I have an NEC 2690 WUXI & Spectraview....I'll have to wait for a new tower to hopefuly appear this year.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com

You should still be able to upgrade to Lion...but it'll take an effort...

gmargo

Thanks to the announcement here of success with Spctraview and 10.8.3 I downloaded this latest version of Mountain Lion. I have submitted my not-so-good experience to MacInTouch and I am sharing that posting here as well. I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts on what went wrong.

I loaded 10.8.3 (was using 10.7.5) this weekend, looking forward to being able to use Spectraview ll software to color calibrate my NEC P221W monitor. The ability to do so was broken with 10.7.5 but restored with 10.8.3. The download went well. Although I did not do much before using Spectraview, everything looked fine, browsers reloaded tabs, email was there. Spectraview did its thing re-calibrating the monitor and I was very pleased. However on quitting Spectraview the desktop went black, icons for the desktop folders were there but no text was visible. Rebooting did not help. When clicking on menubar items drop down menus were not visible but if you guessed where something was and moused over it, text could be made out and clicked on. In this way I opened System Preferences>Desktop and Screen Saver. I clicked on the box to change the desktop color, the "crayon box" with choices came up but the desktop did not change whatever color was clicked. Similarly the other choices for setting the color did not work. Other software was affected too; opening a browser for example showed a blacked out screen as well. The computer (2009 MacBookPro) was unusable.

I had the 10.7.5 version of my hard drive saved on my bootable SuperDuper back up drive, and reloaded that version. So I am back to 10.7.5 and completely puzzled at what happened. Any ideas would be appreciated since I'd prefer to use 10.8.3 and regain monitor calibration for photo work.

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com

Sounds like a garbled display profile. Try selecting a different one in System Preferences->Displays->Color and see if it goes away. If so delete the old one and recalibrate.
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

gmargo

Wiil,
Thanks. I'll reload 10.8.3 this weekend and give it another go with your suggestion.
Geof
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up