Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zeiss autofocus lenses for NEX and Fuji X-mount  (Read 3226 times)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
New Zeiss autofocus lenses for NEX and Fuji X-mount
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:55 am »

Some interesting news from Zeiss, next year they will have 3 new autofocus lenses for aps-c mirrorless cameras, specifically the NEX and the Fuji X-mount. Really great news for those that like the rendering of Zeiss lenses.

http://blogs.zeiss.com/photo/en/?p=2864

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

feethea

Re: New Zeiss autofocus lenses for NEX and Fuji X-mount
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:59:22 am »

Alan,

Thanks for posting as I, for one, next year will be looking at these lenses with great interest for my Fuji X-Pro 1.

Barry

Greg D

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:13 pm »

As primarily a hiking shooter, cameras like the NEX & Fuji XE-1 (I think that's it) are interesting to me, but I've been deterred by lack of lenses.  One of the things some folks liked about these cameras at their intro was the ability to use older Leica & other lenses with adaptors.  These of course, were mostly wide and normal primes, so it seems odd that Zeiss's first offering is more of the same (admittedly with AF).  What I'd like to see are high quality zooms (like Canonikon's 24-70 f2.8s, 70-200 f4s, etc).  Panasonic finally did this with its 12-35 f/2.8 and that probably made m4/3 look viable for lots of photographers that hadn't seriously considered it before.  Guess I'm in the minority..........

allegretto

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:17:10 am »

very cool

but

they had better be demonstrably better than the Fuji lenses already available... which are pretty good
Pages: [1]   Go Up