Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1Dx vs. 1Ds Mark III - enlargement IQ comparison  (Read 46372 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: 1Dx vs. 1Ds Mark III - enlargement IQ comparison
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 05:58:14 pm »

The modern Hi-Iso cameras are incredible at focusing and for natural light. If you never have a need for that, don't talk about it. I've pushed my Nikon D4 into taking pictures in light so dim that I couldn't see.

Edmund

Ellis, all true. Try cropping out 35% of your pixels and enlarging and see what happens. There simply is no replacement for more MPs, no matter how nice a lower MP file is.

If one needs the speed of the 1DX, then it's worth it. If you need to shoot over 1600ISO, then it's worth it. Barring those two specifics, I don't think "upgrading" from the 1DSMKIII is going t be very convincing to most people. You can do a lot of high quality noise reduction in software these days, but you can never add MPs to a file.  And then there is the 36+ MP Nikon. I can't understand what canon is ding expect pushing pros to Nikon, where there are more options.
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 06:08:50 pm »

Well, that is important. Focusing, even on the 1DSMKIII and all of it's IQ is pretty poor in low light. I'd like the 1Dx's ability to do that, but it's not reason for me to 'upgrade.' But Nikon has had a very high ISO camera with equivalent MPs to Canon as far back as 2008.

The modern Hi-Iso cameras are incredible at focusing and for natural light. If you never have a need for that, don't talk about it. I've pushed my Nikon D4 into taking pictures in light so dim that I couldn't see.

Edmund

jaygeephoto

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2014, 08:05:32 am »

Do you have experience shooting tethered in the studio,  with the Canon 1Ds MK III and Lightroom.  My current rig involves a trusty old iDs MK II and a Firewire connection; it's quirky sometimes but workable.  I was wondering if the MK III would be much slower since it uses a USB connection.  Any and all help would be appreciated.
JGeiger Photography

tcphoto

• Tony Clark Photography
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 10:39:00 am »

My 1DsIII tethered to my older MBP OS10.9.5/8GB RAM/250GB SSD and 27" ACD takes about two seconds to preview an image.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up