Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma SPP 5.3 software issue  (Read 883 times)

neways

Sigma SPP 5.3 software issue
« on: September 13, 2012, 12:02:14 pm »

Hi,

I posted the message in another topic but I post it here again to get more response. I recently got the DP2 M and quite amazed by the super sharp images produced. But I have a problem with the SPP software. I usually shoot raw and process the files in SPP before transfer them to Photoshop for final adjustment. I found the images shown on the Review window always look desaturated (wash out) but if I make adjustments in SPP and make the image look good then the photo will become way over saturated and contrasty in the Photoshop. If I save the wash out look image as it is in SPP to Photoshop, the saturation and contrast usually look normal in Photoshop, so it is very hard for me to use all the SPP tools to tweak the raw file as the review window doesn't give me the true effect view  I save the image in ProRGB color space in 16 bits TIFF. I don't know if you guys have the similar experience? Thanks for your comments.

John

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
Re: Sigma SPP 5.3 software issue
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:21 pm »

Hello neways,

I do not have this kind of problem. It seems you have a gap in your colour profile during your process or maybe your colour mode isn't adjusted correctly in SPP (standard neutral ...).

Kind Regards,

H.
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up