Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PODAS, Kimberley trip  (Read 2751 times)

Tony Jay

PODAS, Kimberley trip
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:34:18 am »

A small teaser.
Gantheaume Point - according to the itinerary on the PODAS website one would be sipping one's cocktails while passing Gantheaume Point to starboard while heading north on the first evening.

The colours are glorious!

Regards

Tony Jay

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: PODAS, Kimberley trip
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:53:38 am »

This trip to the Kimberley will be glorious.  We have sold out the trip in less than a week.  We are taking a waiting list in case someone cancels we can give someone on the stand by list a chance to take this trip.  This is a photo trip and not a leisure cruise, so everything is being planned to be at key locations at a time of best light.   There are so many excellent places to shoot that we will have a ton of keepers by the end of the trip.  And, we will do this in style.  Cocktails while shooting sunset will be quite nice.  Bottom line the trip has some of the best instructors, going to some real edge of the planet places on a ship that is truly a gem.  Check out our other PODAS workshops at www.podas.info

Kevin Raber, VP Phase One, PODAS workshops leader
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

dreed

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 09:04:47 am »

I have noticed that PODAS rarely seems to return to any given location. Is this a deliberate policy choice by the organisers that don't want to waste time on visiting locations again (life is short, why go some place twice?) or has there generally been little interest in returning visits to a given location?

As much as I'd love to be on board for this, the timing just does not work :(

There's just one other thing ...

What happens if a featured instructor is unavailable due to illness?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:50:06 am »

It's not true, we have visited many of the locations twice.  This year we were back in Iceland, we have done Death Valley twice and this December we re-visit New Zealand.  There is a large list of great places to go.  In 2013 you can see we have already announce 4 workshops and the 5th should be up within 30 days to the Canadian Rockies.  We are also working with a number of our instructors own workshops and will be working with bringing Phase One systems to these workshops. As far as instructors go, so far no one has been ill and couldn't make it.  The advantage of having multiple instructors is we don't have to rely on just one instructor.  However, we have a large number of instructors working with us and we could if something happens offer one of these instructors the opportunity to join a workshop as a replacement.

Hope that helps...
Kevin Raber, VP Phase One
www.podas.info
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:59:18 am »

Well Kevin, you certainly couldn't oversell the Kimberleys for photographic potential.
There seems to be a consensus on this given what you have shared.

I am still in Broome and enjoying every minute of it.
I have spent most of the time exploring Roebuck Bay which is to the east of Broom although I went north up coastline yesterday to explore some of the points. One area, James Price point, is where Woodside Petroleum is planning to bring a natural gas pipeline ashore and build a massive natural gas refinery. Problem is the area is more unspoilt than nearly all National parks and the waters off the point is a major gathering point for whales in their winter migration up from Antarctic waters.

Nonetheless, good luck for the trip.

Regards

Tony Jay

dreed

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 08:13:20 am »

It's not true, we have visited many of the locations twice.  This year we were back in Iceland, we have done Death Valley twice and this December we re-visit New Zealand.  There is a large list of great places to go.  In 2013 you can see we have already announce 4 workshops and the 5th should be up within 30 days to the Canadian Rockies.  We are also working with a number of our instructors own workshops and will be working with bringing Phase One systems to these workshops.

Well, maybe I can just blame LL then for only announcing when you go to new locations...O:)
I had no idea that a second had been announced for New Zealand!
Pages: [1]   Go Up