Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 SERIES VIEWFINDERS  (Read 3712 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
1 SERIES VIEWFINDERS
« on: September 02, 2005, 05:24:25 pm »

The same optics are used in the viewfinders of all the 1-series Canons. The 1.3x bodies simply mask off more of the edges than the full-frame models. Brightness is identical.

EAD

1 SERIES VIEWFINDERS
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 01:05:16 pm »

Happy as I am with my 20D, there is one thing that is anoying me more and ,more every day, and that is the viewfinder. I find it very "uncomfortable" for working, small, and the 95%view doesn´t help either.

Though I have used a 1DMKII I´ve never even touched a 1DS or 1DSMKII. What I want to know is, is there a great difference in size and brightness between the two 1 series bodie´s viewfinders?. Is the viewfinder in the 1DSKMII noticeably bigger?
If so, will the viewfinder in the 5D be any similar?

While I´m at it...Do you think a 1DSMKII-N featuring the bigger LCD (and other improvements seen on the 1DMKII-n) is a viable possibility before Canon releases a new model?

Thanks for your replies.

P.S. Oh God. 1DMSKII-NN_dK-SS-II-NNMK1DSS-. Please Canon, do something about the lousy naming of your fantastic machines...

Erik.

AaronA

1 SERIES VIEWFINDERS
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 07:01:34 pm »

I sell cameras, so I have access to a 20D at all times, and I own a 10D.  Since testing viewfinders is something better for in person then talking thats what I did.

I tested a 1D viewfinder with my 10D, and my 10D against the rebel XT and 20D.  I found that the 1D was actually the same size viewfinder as the 10D (tested with 35mm on both).

I also found simalar results with the XT and 20D, I dont like the 8MP viewfinders as they are smaller then the 10Ds viewfinder....and to be honest I dont like the 10Ds finder either...I cannot get good focus with anything past the f2.0 mark.

the new canon is going to change that, gone is the practically useless flash, here is this large, traditional viewfinder thats full frame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up