Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Sunny Day on the IoS  (Read 782 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Another Sunny Day on the IoS
« on: August 22, 2012, 09:38:41 am »

Yes Bill, it's still wall to wall sunshine up here  :D

Dave

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: Another Sunny Day on the IoS
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:45:37 am »

The standard British response to such provocation is to call you a git, but that might fall foul of the FUA, so I won't  ;)

Glad you're still getting sunshine - I'm off up to the Lake District on Friday, and if accomodation wasn't booked, I'd be tempted to drive on through Cumbria & over the border. Needless to say, I'm going to be facing a week of torrential rain & ground-level cloud  :-[

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:46:43 am »

BTW, I notice there's a lighthouse in your photo - well done. That makes you a proper 'tog, not a wannabe 'tog, like what I am

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:18:47 am »

The standard British response to such provocation is to call you a git, but that might fall foul of the FUA, so I won't  ;)

Glad you're still getting sunshine - I'm off up to the Lake District on Friday, and if accomodation wasn't booked, I'd be tempted to drive on through Cumbria & over the border. Needless to say, I'm going to be facing a week of torrential rain & ground-level cloud  :-[

Hi Bill, glad to see you are taking it all in good humour.

Yes I think the forecast for the lakes is not the best you could hope for, but you never know, and if you do want to be a proper tog and not a wannabe (although I am sure you are putting yourself down unnecessarily there), then some of the best shots can be taken when a storm is either brewing or just clearing, that is when the light is most dramatic and best for photography. But I have my fingers crossed for you and genuinely hope that you get the best weather for whatever it is you want to do.

Bright harsh sunshine like that seen in the shot above, is actually the worst for shooting in successfully, it is far too contrasty and just all round difficult. It makes me smile when none photographers (family and friends) say ooh, isn't it a lovely sunny day and great for taking photos???

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up