Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung XL20 calibration in Windows 7  (Read 2032 times)

twalp

Samsung XL20 calibration in Windows 7
« on: August 20, 2012, 04:45:34 pm »

I'm looking for some help calibrating the Samsung XL20 in Windows 7. 

I'm using an i1Pro withe i1Match3 software. Monitor is in Custom mode because that's the only mode where brightness and contrast are adjustable. Results seem to drift from day to day. XRite tech said they warn people not to manually adjust RGB on LCDs but there's no other Mode that seems usable with i1Match3.

Has anyone successfully calibrated an XL20 in Windows 7?

Simon Garrett

Re: Samsung XL20 calibration in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:30:01 pm »

Can't help, but in case if you haven't already seen it there's some information at http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_xl20.htm

lhodaniel

Re: Samsung XL20 calibration in Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »

I profiled my XL20 in Custom (until it was retired) with the exact same equipment. I would typically use the color mode control to get close to 6500K. I think I usually used "warm1". This works on the XL series but not on regular monitors. On the XL, the color mode adjusts the RGB LED backlight rather than the LCD panel, so it doesn't promote level clipping. From there, I could either let match do the fine tuning with the video card or do a small correction with the RGB gain controls. Make sure that you don't set any of the gains above 50. Make subtractive corrections to the other 2 channels rather than raising any of them above 50, if necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up