Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: GX680  (Read 12567 times)

marat

GX680
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:46:24 am »

I deleted this post because of Mr. Rib having nothing better to do than post here than to make me feel bad, and it was showing the worst of LL, which doesn't do anyone good. I hoped this forum, if any, was above such pettiness and back-stabbing.

To the dozens of good-spirited human beings on here and elsewhere, that bought GX680 gear from me....thanks, and feel free to be in touch....you have my email.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:47:53 am by marat »

marat

links corrected and tested. please try again to download. Thanks.

marat

Feel free to post any questions publicly, unless it is price negotiations, contact info, etc. Otherwise, if it is something others would benefit, I will publicly post anyway as an FAQ.

Here is one that just came in on another forum:

which lens/bellows combination get the highest magnification for macro shooting?
leo

Answer:

Any lens can do macro. The shorter the focal length, the higher magnification for the same amount of bellows extension. For maximum magnification, while also allowing lens tilts, shifts, and swings, the 4 fold bag bellows is best. The 80mm extension rail gives you the most reach. It is harder to obtain than the 40mm rail. However, with the 40mm, many users will just leave it on, while the 80mm makes the camera quote long, and may get in the way when shooting close. the 40mm is a good 'all-around investment for closer distances, and you just mount it and forget about it. the 80mm is good for those that want maximum magnification. I have both the 40mm and 80mm available, and the 2 fold bag bellows (useful for extreme movements with shorter lenses) and the 4 fold (good for longer lenses and close-ups, however problematic with 65mm and 50mm lenses and movements at infinity.

So, theoretically, most magnification would be with the 50mm lens and 80mm rail combo, but working distance would be small. The 80mm, 100mm , and 135mm are most popular for doing macro. Any of the lenses 80mm and over will provide the best results in macro. If you want super thin DOF and amazing bokeh, than I would go for the 125mm f3.2. If you want deep DOF, go for the 80mm or 135mm f5.6. The 100mm is a middle ground.

Hope you buy something from me!

If you would like more information about macro, formulas, specific performance, and a complete solution figured out for you, I am available for consulting...very reasonably. $50 per half hour, pre-paid via PayPal. Includes access to lens tests. Can save you hundreds in the right / wrong decisions.

EinstStein

It's a shame you want to sell this system. This is a film system I consider a worth to keep even with any MFDB or FF digitals.

I have one I wanted to sell a few years ago here, but no one wanted so I kept it. I'm glad I did. After I got a MFDB, for a while I shot the combination, needless to say the image can be enlarged to the foot field size.
But compared to the film straight, I found the film is not replaceable. Not merely for the sake of IQ, the perspect control, (tilt and shift) convenience etc., are also important factors. I have large format and Hasselblad Flexbody, but they all need to compose first, then replace the back, then shot, then replace the view finder, etc., Only GX680 allows me to avoid this hassels.     

marat

Hi thanks for sharing your love of the system. Please understand, I am keeping at least one of everything. These are multiple sets that I bought while trying to assemble a full system, and was planning to start courses on the fine points of using the system, since there is much misunderstanding of it, and I feel that there needs to be a stronger voice for such an irreplaceable , unique, flexible system. I am just selling extra sets, realizing I had overbought in my enthusiasm. years ago, when I saw that there were many references to GX680.com, I contacted the registrant of it, to see if they would be interested in me helping them resurrect, but he never answered, so i registered www.FujiGX680.com in the hopes of one day creating a portal for the fans of it to exhibit their finest work done with it, to exchange information and resources, and perhaps even to buy and sell only that system. I have been too busy to start it, but with the right volunteers, it is possible.

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz

Is the long wide angle bellows still available? If so I call dibs. Send me a PM and I will give you shipping details and arrange payment.

Kind regards,
Jason Berge.
Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

marat

Yes, the 4 fold. If you want most movement with wide angle at med and long distances, go for the 2 fold bag bellows. If you are shooting close-ups, or working with long lenses, then do the 4 fold. If doing both situations, then get both. Sending PM.

Is the long wide angle bellows still available? If so I call dibs. Send me a PM and I will give you shipping details and arrange payment.

Kind regards,
Jason Berge.

David Navarro

mirlanda,

Do you have any Fuji GX 680 battery packs fo sale?  I would like to buy one or more.

Thanks

marat

Re: battery packs for GX680
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »

Hi David, yes I do. How many would you like, and are they for model I/II or model III? Please PM your shipping address. Thanks.

David Navarro

My zipcode is 95628 in California.  Do you want to work out the details by email?

marat

contacting me
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »

Yes, thanks for sending a PM.

Note to everyone, if you are interested in something, please PM me your full contact info. I cannot publicly post my email as it well get spammed. It is listed on the top of the PDF pricelist that is linked in this posting. I prefer to use reg email for as much communication as possible, and you will always get the fastest results from me using reg email.

Also listed below...just say it out loud and it will make sense

Thanks,

mir at boasolutions dot com
cel: 647 895 5232

grilla

• http://thecolorblindphotographer.net

I am interested in this please let me know if it is still available:

Fuji GX680 complete kit w/WLF 120 Roll Film Holder, 120 magazine, 135mm f5.6 lens, Instant Film Holder (shoots 8x8cm), NiCad battery pack, spare battery pack, and  Fuji NiCad charger (complete kit), Battery need to be re-celled, or use AA battery pack or optional AC adapter. Excellent condition.   $650

Gary in Portland Oregon

marat

Re: Fuji GX680 kit for sale
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 01:50:46 pm »

Hi, it is available. Please PM me your contact info and shipping address. I can ship out next day after receiving PP. Are you ready to purchase?

Thanks,

Mir

Jothiratnam

• http://ssjothiratnam.com/

Hi, I have a 680 GX II, and would like to know if there's such a thing as a battery pack using AA or other standard batteries for it please. Thanks, Jothiratnam (ssjothiratnam@yahoo.de)

tnabbott

Hi, I have a 680 GX II, and would like to know if there's such a thing as a battery pack using AA or other standard batteries for it please. Thanks, Jothiratnam (ssjothiratnam@yahoo.de)

Yes, there is.

Rowat

• http://www.andrewrowat.com

I would caution anyone hoping to purchase Fuji GX680 equipment from Mir (Mirlada) to purchase it *in person* and not rely on him to send it out to you. I used Paypal to transfer USD2675 to him for a GX680 kit which he then failed to send me.

On three separate occasions he insisted that he was going to be headed down to Buffalo (from Toronto) to send it to me in NYC. On all of these occasions he never sent it. Then he told me that all of the pieces that I had ordered he no longer had. Long story short - I opened a formal Paypal dispute which was decided in my favour, and I received a full refund from Paypal, not from Mirlada. I also lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Long story short is that I would never do business with him again, and anyone else seeking to purchase some of his equipment should do so at their own peril.

Mr. Rib

ok buddy, I guess you can close your Lula account now.. :) or maybe someone should help you with that

tnabbott

Re: Huge Fuji GX680 sale....not on here anymore.
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 11:04:43 pm »

Not necessarily surprised by this.  This listing of immensely overpriced GX680 equipment makes Hong Kong dealers look like KEH.  The inflated prices plus the seemingly endless list of items for sale was a red flag for me...

FredBGG

Re: Thomas Abbott history
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 03:11:44 am »

Isn't there something in this forum about "price policing"

Sure he says that now, but didn't stop Thomas Abbott from contacting me 12 times for 3 separate items, from June 19, 2011 to Aug 17, 2012, each time trying to jab me, try to make me look bad, complaining about my prices.  Each time trying to talk me down in a very unpleasant manner, and leaving bitter that he didn't succeed. Even after the following response from me , when I had enough of him, "Take it or leave it. I can't stand lowballers or tirekickers and don't have time for games.  Do your homework."....they guy comes back trying for another sale of something else.

I was asking $800 for a 50mm f5.6 (one of the most expensive lenses in the lineup...I paid almost $4k for that one new), and he comes back at $550 saying he can't locate one at the price I am asking. Yes, because the only one available at that time was on ebay for fixed price and sold at $1020. I even send the guy the item #. Told him that he should learn how to use ebay recent sale search. No response. After that, he hunts down interactions I am doing, and hijacks the thread with examples of lower prices. Yeah, is that what LL is about? I thought people like that where frowned upon. Can you say BITTER? GRUDGE?

All items Thomas Abbott was interested were sold at asking price to very happy customers around the world. Now people like that come out of the woodwork, bitter that they didn't get "the deal" they were hoping for. Nice community! Glad that these are your representatives.....if they aren't, then let them know to stay out of other people's business.

It is normal to post both positive and negative feedback on sales threads.
It is important because it helps good sellers and points out one with problems.

A forum member here posted detailed negative feedback regarding a sale that resulted in Paypal having to intervene
on behalf of the buyer.
Mir Lada chooses to attack him and tell him to "move on" and then goes and attacks
another member for posting his experience.

I think that the community as a whole is quite grateful to those that put their neck out
reporting negative feedback especially in a case of undelivered goods where Paypal had to intervene.

I think it is also inappropriate for Mir Lada to accuse them of hunting down
his posting with items for sale and being bitter. These are people that are interested in the Fuji gX680
and already own some gear that are looking for more. It's quite natural for them to stumble upon GX680 items for sale.

FredBGG

Re: Huge Fuji GX680 sale....not on here anymore.
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 03:17:18 am »

On another note if anyone is interested in the Gx680 system
I have put together a collection of PDF files with GX680 manuals and full
system brochure/catalog.
If anyone is interested send me a PM and I'd be happy to send the files to you.. at no charge ;)
I know it's hard to find info and manuals on this system.

Cheers

Fred
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up