Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for a forum feature  (Read 2332 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Suggestion for a forum feature
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:08:35 pm »

If this is already implemented, I have been too dense to find it. My idea is that I could easily see all my posts, newest first, and the replies to them. By "posts" I mean threads that I initiated, and not every thread that I contributed to.

Rob C

Re: Suggestion for a forum feature
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:38:51 am »

This is easy with bold, old technology: notebook and Biro.

;-)

Rob C

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 01:22:12 pm »

This is easy with bold, old technology: notebook and Biro.

;-)

Rob C

Thanks!

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 02:25:24 pm »

If this is already implemented, I have been too dense to find it. My idea is that I could easily see all my posts, newest first, and the replies to them. By "posts" I mean threads that I initiated, and not every thread that I contributed to.

I agree that this would be handy; Rob's solution is fine (although I find a fountain pen forces more legibility into my handwriting), but I might lose the notebook. Interestingly, the ability to find "your own" threads was a feature of the old forum software.

The ability to specify more refined searching criteria would be useful as well.

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 04:08:54 am »

I agree that this would be handy; Rob's solution is fine (although I find a fountain pen forces more legibility into my handwriting), but I might lose the notebook. Interestingly, the ability to find "your own" threads was a feature of the old forum software.

The ability to specify more refined searching criteria would be useful as well.

Jeremy

Jeremy

I tried using a Mont*Blanc pen, filled with Mont*Blanc ink, to write a cheque some years ago: it smudged. I now, with the huge benefit of hindsight, see it as a portent of the financial crisis that was looming just on the other side of the International Date Line but a few oblate-spheroidal rotations down the line. I could as easily have used a Shaeffer or a Paker 51, but nothing could have held the inexorable march of destiny; frankly, the moment that banks began to use cheap, over-absorbent papers in their chequebooks one should have guessed what was coming.

But hell, Biro works with them (as does Paper Mate): rubbish unto rubbish, I always say!

Rob C

P.S. Last night I made a disturbing calculation:; eating lunches out five days a week and tipping at 10% (cheaper than doing it at home) will make me run out of money more quickly than I had anticipated. I guess there will be some less than happy waiters here from now on. My calculations are based on the current levels of costs and a stable pension - should the cost of living rise, then I might be forced to open a charity thread here... don't say you hadn't been warned, so start saving for it now!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:20:27 am by Rob C »

mguertin

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:31:14 am »

Please see the stickied post at the top of this forum titled "Forum Change Requests":

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45496.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up