Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crop labels in Capture One  (Read 8136 times)

Alun

Crop labels in Capture One
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »

Is there a way to change the crop labels that appear in C1. At the minute, mine are showing pixel dimensions but it would be useful to see them as, say, inches?

Also, do I have to commit the crop in the same way I do in Lightroom (by pressing the "Done" button)?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Crop labels in Capture One
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »

Is there a way to change the crop labels that appear in C1. At the minute, mine are showing pixel dimensions but it would be useful to see them as, say, inches?

You set the units in the crop panel (see attachment).

Also, do I have to commit the crop in the same way I do in Lightroom (by pressing the "Done" button)?

No need to do anything else. Just select another tool than the Crop tool, e.g. the select tool or hand tool.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alun

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:53:48 am »

Thanks Bart - seems so obvious now that you've pointed it out  :o

Kerry L

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 08:30:19 am »

Alun,

You should be aware that if you have the crop ratio set to "output", you need to make a similar setting adjustment in the output panel.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 07:44:57 am »

Any way to stop the labels appearing altogether, they block too much of the image, would really prefer that they weren't there at all.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 09:28:49 am »

[Preferences > Crop > Show Labels > Never]

You can also set that preference to "During Drag Only" so that you can see the numbers while you are dragging, but they vanish when you release.

While we're on the topic of cropping you may find that on a laptop setting [Preferences > Appearance > Margin] to a higher-than-default number (e.g. 12 px) will make it easier to grab the corners of the image when cropping. The default margin only leaves 3px between the edge of the frame (which you grab to crop) and the edge of the tools/browser (which you grab to resize the tools or browser).

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:36 am »

Thanks Doug!
Pages: [1]   Go Up