Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alain Broit's Landscape Photography Books  (Read 4548 times)

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
Alain Broit's Landscape Photography Books
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:42:55 pm »

Hi All,

I've am considering purchasing the three series of books.  I did a search of Lula looking to see if there were discussions around the quality of the material but only located a scant 4 montions of his name in the search engine.   No offense to Alain as I do very much enjoy his articles on Lula and feel the quality of images posted are just world class.    I just know that good photography does not equal a good book so I wanted to see if there are happy customers out there.

I'm also considering the series of articles - packaged in 8 or 11 eBooks in addition to the landscape books.   Are these still considered current in today's fast changing technology?  Do you recommend these too or are they redundant to the 3 books?

"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

Adam L

Re: Alain Broit's Landscape Photography Books
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »

Never mind, I'm getting book #1 and will let you all know my thoughts once I finish reading it.  I've decided to pass on #3 until someone, anyone, asks me if they could have a copy of one of my images.   ::)

Adam L

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:02 pm »

I'm halfway through book #1 and am very happy I went forward with the purchase.   Even though it's several years old, it is still very much relevant info.

AvidVisionary

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:33 pm »

I would not say the books are redundant. Read them and see what you may get out of it. Some photography techniques have not changed.

kmeyers

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:37:44 am »

Alain is a real professional in every sense. You can tell by reading his books that he has thought about every facet of photography, not just the typical mechanical aspect. He goes into areas that you will not find in other books. If you want a complete A-Z education, this is the ticket. Alain, is not afraid to cover all aspects of his photography as well as his business down to the smallest details. I highly recommend them all.

pointblank

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 08:36:24 am »

Alain is a real professional in every sense. You can tell by reading his books that he has thought about every facet of photography, not just the typical mechanical aspect. He goes into areas that you will not find in other books. If you want a complete A-Z education, this is the ticket. Alain, is not afraid to cover all aspects of his photography as well as his business down to the smallest details. I highly recommend them all.

I very much agree with this. Basic techniques always remain and Alain is a master of explaining all that in detail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up