Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 video 37_PortraitShot  (Read 6113 times)

RRSPhoto

LR4 video 37_PortraitShot
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:07:35 pm »

I have watched this video 2X, some parts 3X. I learned a lot but I do not understand why I would ever use tethered shooting for a model portrait. I can see it for a static macro or other fixed subject but for a lovely young woman? Are you telling me that it is a cumbersome waste of effort? I only take stills and appreciate that movies might change this.
Richard

michael

Re: LR4 video 37_PortraitShot
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »

Many photographers shoot tethered because it allows art directors and clients to participate on a real-time basis. The video is just an illustration of how this can be done with Lightroom.

Different photographers have differing needs.

Michael

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 10:13:53 pm »

I learned a lot but I do not understand why I would ever use tethered shooting for a model portrait.

Guess you haven't done a lot of this, right? As Mike indicates, it's useful to shoot tethered when there are clients, crew like hair & makeup and even showing images to the talent. Looking at a tiny LCD to make lighting and makeup decisions isn't very useful. We could have set up a still life shot but that wouldn't have gotten a pretty girl to come into the studio...would you rather Mike and I shot fruit and some Mexican pottery? Yeah, I didn't think so :~)

RRSPhoto

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:13:11 pm »

Thank you both for your prompt response. As I am sure you gathered, I am an amateur always trying to increase my knowledge. In my day job, I sometimes have clients who want to hover as I work. I usually do not allow it because it produces errors and poor work. That might be one of the differences between business and art which is another thing I am struggling to deal with.

I do want you to know how much I like the videos. I have always purchased books believing that I would learn more and access the knowledge better with a printed book. Your videos have opened a new door for me. They flow so well and present answers I retain so I do not need to have a book to refer to. 
Richard

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 04:50:14 pm »

I always shoot tethered if possible, instant feedback, checking of details etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up