Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sharpness Phase one P45+  (Read 6638 times)

stefsite2

sharpness Phase one P45+
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »

hello! i'd like to know if you have special manipulation to have naturel sharpness effect on Capture one, with the P45+. For  gras or this king of thing, even i reduce a bit the sharpness, it's look like a little bit pixelised..somoene had this ? thanks a lot!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: sharpness Phase one P45+
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:04:48 am »

hello! i'd like to know if you have special manipulation to have naturel sharpness effect on Capture one, with the P45+. For  gras or this king of thing, even i reduce a bit the sharpness, it's look like a little bit pixelised..somoene had this ? thanks a lot!

Hi,

Sharpness is not an effect, it's a physical thing, and can be measured. To restore losses due to the optical path not being perfect, and the Bayer CFA demosaicing, one should apply "Capture Sharpening". Lenses deliver a variable quality, depending on the mix of residual aberrations and diffraction, so one should adjust based on those parameters.

Anything in excess of that sharpening enters the realm of artistic licence, and is a matter of taste and also depends on the subject. Also, capture devices that do not use an Anti-Aliasing filter are more sensitive to creating jaggies and other artifacts when sharpening, so it is important to not oversharpen.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:00:23 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

stefsite2

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:49:50 am »

yes, it's because antialising i guess... one Phase one website, the famous doctor shows examples. We can cleraly the effect is really too much in his video, but it doesn't like to disturb him :)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

You have a few options, in Capture One.  I am assuming you are running 6.4.x? 

1.  Under "noise reduction advanced"  use the Surface slider. This will add a lot of blur quickly and should help on the Christmas tree/color aliasing you are seeing. 
     This is a universal setting and can't be used in a local adjustment (I wish it could be).  So you may have to work up to images and layer them on PS later on.

2.  You can reduce the sharpening on the entire image, I can't remember the default for the P45+, but under the main sharpening area, move the top slider back to
     about 1/2 of the default and see if that helps.  You can add a local adjustment and sharpen up the rest of the image.  Works well depending on your image and
     how much you are trying to keep from aliasing

3.   You can try the moire filter, I know this not moire but color aliasing but sometimes the moire filter will work on it.

4.   Under the noise reduction main selection, try working with the color slider and single pixel noise sliders.  Sometimes this will work.

Try these and see if helps any.  LR may also work a bit better on the color aliasing issue (4.1) you can make a local selection and reduce noise, which will help
make the color aliasing not as strong.  One of the great things about the P45+ is the clear, unobstructed resolution it can capture, and color aliasing is just one
of the things that is a side effect of such great resolution.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

stefsite2

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:00:29 pm »

thanks a lot for your answer!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up