Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will there be a new H5D at the Photokina?  (Read 32226 times)

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
Re: Will there be a new H5D at the Photokina?
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2012, 08:30:21 am »

The Mamiya ZD camera was an excellent concept let down by some issues like shadow noise in underexposed images and a poor rear screen.  But I had one and it handled well and delivered good results.  How about a Hassy equivalent, an all-in-one MF camera at a "value" price point, or maybe a MF rangefinder?
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 08:48:50 am »

Sure I think a more reasonably priced camera to lure Canon and Nikon users could be a good idea. Mind you the D800 has taken such a leap forward that a more affordable Hasselblad may not be able to compete. If the argument is that Hasselblad is a different beast for a different user than Hasselblad really need to walk the walk. I am a professional photographer and if I was starting up and choosing a new camera system between a D800 and a H4D 40 I would really need some convincing. Yes I sometimes use the back on the view camera and that would be the main selling point so as to to get the increased movements over DSLR tilt/shift lenses, but I'm not a wealthy amateur who can just buy any camera at any price. We are in the middle of a huge recession (much more so in Ireland than in the States :() However I am not a very good business man and I am doing what I do purely because I love it. :D I made a lot of sacrifices to invest €50,000 plus in my camera set up. I would like to upgrade my MF camera but only when the upgrade makes sense. There are features on a H3D and H4D which are lacking that affects professionals workflow significantly or affects what is achievable compared to Phase One, Leaf, Canon Nikon whatever. (I'm talking on or off the body.) Sure the sensor can be improved to bring it in line with the newer Phase One and Leaf backs but it's the tools which would improve day to day that would make me upgrade. After all time is money. :)

Martin Wouterlood

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »

I actually wonder where all these 2nd hand cameras go which they take when upgrading. They even offer an upgrade price on their competitors cameras. WHEEEEERE DO THEEEEEY GO?

I was talking to the Hasselblad dealer nearest to where I live some months back, and, in answer to your question, he said that there is a kind of "priority arrangemant" with dealers in China and India, who take all that they can get. May or may not be hearsay, but that's what he told me.

K.C.

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »

May or may not be hearsay...

Unsubstantiated is the definition of hearsay.

Martin Wouterlood

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 12:49:25 am »

Unsubstantiated is the definition of hearsay.

OK then let me say that this is unsubstantiated...merely relaying what I was told, see no reason to disbelieve him, could actually care less.

design_freak

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2012, 08:35:47 am »

HASSELBLAD website does not work ...
Any new products ?  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:38:23 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 09:01:46 am »

unfortunately  :(
Best regards,
DF

FredBGG

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2012, 12:03:00 am »

Hasselblad have said they intend to target a wider audience.

Hasselblad logo on a Fuji rangefinder....

It's happened before ;)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2012, 07:25:52 am »

Yes, and it was a good one!

Best regards
Erik

Hasselblad logo on a Fuji rangefinder....

It's happened before ;)
Erik Kaffehr

vampire

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2012, 09:20:32 pm »

My guess would be an H4D-II, same camera body, with updated digital backs and a new optional vertical grip. I have an H4x and I don't see much room for improvement with that body.

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »

I seriously doubt Hasselblad will have any new cameras out that are unrelated to the current H body. I bet Hasselblad will have an updated digital back offering, at best. It takes years of development and a TON of money to develop a new product from scratch, and I just don't see Hasselblad as having the resources to go that direction.
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com

hasselbladfan

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2012, 04:01:32 am »

They have deep pockets now, since they have been taken over by a private-equity firm.

They announced publicly they are working on selling cameras to a wider audience than MF alone.

See their press announcement :
Specifically, the medium-format camera maker is now part of the Switzerland- and Germany-based private equity firm's Ventizz Capital Fund IV, the companies said today. The firm will provide new capital for a growth strategy, Ventizz said.
"We are proud to have such an iconic brand in our portfolio and are convinced that with solid financial support and a suitable growth strategy, Ventizz can further strengthen Hasselblad's position as the first-class producer of medium-format digital camera systems. Furthermore, we plan to develop Hasselblad cameras to appeal to a wider circle of ambitious photographers," said Helmut Vorndran

Pingang

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2012, 11:51:36 am »

I am also a long term Hasselblad owner and user and by no means want to see the brand fade away.  But private equity is often run by accountant, not visionary, that worries me.
I would say a really modern body capable of using all CF, CFi, CFE, FE, H and HCD would be grea, if price is good.
Or a smaller sensor camera to mass market would probably work!

Pingang

They have deep pockets now, since they have been taken over by a private-equity firm.

They announced publicly they are working on selling cameras to a wider audience than MF alone.

See their press announcement :
Specifically, the medium-format camera maker is now part of the Switzerland- and Germany-based private equity firm's Ventizz Capital Fund IV, the companies said today. The firm will provide new capital for a growth strategy, Ventizz said.
"We are proud to have such an iconic brand in our portfolio and are convinced that with solid financial support and a suitable growth strategy, Ventizz can further strengthen Hasselblad's position as the first-class producer of medium-format digital camera systems. Furthermore, we plan to develop Hasselblad cameras to appeal to a wider circle of ambitious photographers," said Helmut Vorndran

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2012, 01:41:40 pm »

Hasselblad actually needs a head of R&D to actually be able to develop new product lines from scratch, and at the moment my understanding is that they don't have such a resource.
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com

hasselbladfan

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 12:14:40 pm »

Prognosis was right.

But I guess we would hoped for more revolution then evolution.

Anyway, let's enjoy what we get at the Photokina.

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:05 pm »

Hasselblad actually needs a head of R&D to actually be able to develop new product lines from scratch, and at the moment my understanding is that they don't have such a resource.

Hi Andy, this would be incorrect.
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2012, 03:00:46 pm »

Prognosis was right.
But I guess we would hoped for more revolution then evolution.
Anyway, let's enjoy what we get at the Photokina.

Fan, well there is a press conference on September 18th  ;)
I can also assure you that we are looking towards the future and Hasselblad will continue to develop new products.
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

hasselbladfan

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2012, 07:03:11 pm »

I am very happy with that, Paul.

I bought my first Hasselblad in 1988 and I am planning my 4th one in 2013. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up