Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solux bulbs  (Read 14013 times)

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
Solux bulbs
« on: June 05, 2012, 07:57:21 pm »

First I hope this is the right forum area for this question. After sending 3 messages to Solux and not getting a response, I will try here.

Is it possible to put a dimmer on the Solux bulbs and still the right CRI and colour from them or will mess things up?

Thanks, Andrew.
Capture the moment.

bjanes

Re: Solux bulbs
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:12:44 pm »

Is it possible to put a dimmer on the Solux bulbs and still the right CRI and colour from them or will mess things up?

A dimmer will lower the color temperature of any incandescent bulb. Ideally, one should use a voltage regulator for critical work. If you want to vary the intensity of the light, you could try a full spectrum fluorescent bulb with a dim able electronic ballast.

Bill

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:16:38 pm »

You can dim them, no problem if you have the right dimmer (something that the MR16 lamps can handle, not all will). As Bill says, it will alter the color. I had some on a dimmer from Lutron.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

alain

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 02:27:03 pm »

First I hope this is the right forum area for this question. After sending 3 messages to Solux and not getting a response, I will try here.

Thanks, Andrew.

I do remember that there are special neutral density filters from dedolight.  they are probable also usable for solux bulb's. 

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:34:15 pm »

Thanks to all for your replies. I guess I will use a dimmer strictly to see how the image will look in an area that is that not too well lit.

Andrew
Capture the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up