Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 4.1 doesn't detect camera card  (Read 1092 times)

Jim-St

• http://www.lochaberphoto.co.uk
LR 4.1 doesn't detect camera card
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:23:17 pm »

Hi all-

Since I upgraded to 4.1 I've been having problems with LR not seeming to notice when I put a card into my card reader. The Pref is checked, and Finder can see the card and it's contents OK, but 9/10 times the Import dialogue doesn't open up when I insert a card ???

I can import by going File>Import Photos and Videos, but it's kind of annoying to have to do so, and this feels like a bug in 4.1 to me

Anyone else had this? Or found an answer?

Jim

(Mac Pro 10.7.4)

mbaginy

Re: LR 4.1 doesn't detect camera card
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 04:30:56 am »

Jim, I've encountered a similar, if not identical, problem lately.  I bought the X-Pro 1 and noticed, that LR4 wouldn't always open the import dialog (preferences are set to do so).  Had to click "import", whereupon the SD card content was immediately shown - I didn't have to navigate to the card.  Then, not all images on the card were shown and I had to remove the card and re-insert it.  Frustrating!  I need to add, that this was before the recent LR4.1 update (which only then offered X-Pro 1 raw support).

So, my problems took place with the X-Pro 1 only and with pre 4.1 version.  I can't see, if 4.1 shows the same performance since I sold the X-Pro 1 last week.  I had placed it's raw files in a separate folder for a later import when its raw files were supported, which is now the case.  But I've never encountered any sort of oddities when importing files from cards used in Canon 5D or Panasonic GF1 or other raw-capable cameras.

You wouldn't happen to be using an X-Pro 1, would you?

michael

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:30:45 am »

Happens with me as well with Olympus OM-D files.

Also, sometimes won't unmount a card after import.

Seems to be an intermittent bug.

Michael

Jim-St

• http://www.lochaberphoto.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:49:17 am »

Thanks Mike and Michael -  my bug seems a bit more than just intermittent, but I guess I'll have to live with it and hope Adobe fix it soon... For now, I've reacquainted myself with that "Import" button at the bottom of the L/H panel in Library, that I've not used for so long I'd forgotten it was there!

For the record, I've had it happen with cards from all my current cameras (Leica M8, Pana GF1 and TZ10), so I'm not sure it's camera-related.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up