Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would be the fast and best way to sync the camera and Broncolor packs?  (Read 1791 times)

studio347

Hi,
I'm wondering what would be the fast/ best and secure way to sync between a camera( sinar 4 by 5 _copal shutter or Hasselblad H2_HC lens) and 2 Broncolor Power Packs( Graffit 3200 or Scoro 3200).

1. using Sync Cord with one power pack and using Cell function on the second power pack?
2. using Broncolor RFS2 transmitter for the 2 power packs?
3. using Pocket Wizard...?
Any other better ways?

I'm trying to get stop motion-still life images, when total darkness of a studio is not possible, using the shortest light duration and the fastest shutter speed.
I'm wondering what would be the best way to sync the 2 broncolor power packs with a camera.
Any advices would be great!
Thanks!

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

All of the above but I would go with option 2 or 3. Which works best depends on the circumstances.

studio347

Thanks for your reply.
For the option #1, I learned, through a brief internet research, that there is a very small but could-be-meaningful difference between firings of 2 power packs since one power pack fires earlier.
There is a flash sync splitter, kind of, with which I can fire 2 power packs using 2 sync cords at the same time...

I'm not sure which one is better, either 2 sync cords or Bron Transmitter. I need to do some tests...
Copper wire or radio signal?
Maybe using only one power pack with a sync cord is a easier way to do it. But sometimes the situation requires more than one power pack.

I heard that with Pocket Wizard, 1/800S shutter speed is not recommended.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

I heard that with Pocket Wizard, 1/800S shutter speed is not recommended

You'll have to test.

You are asking  about either the PocketWizard Plus III or MultiMAX systems right?

How often do you work with the big Broncolors in ambient lighting conditions that are bright enough that there is a noticable difference in the ambient light portion of the exposure between using  a shutter speed of 1/800 and 1/400?
Pages: [1]   Go Up