Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spooler/Print preview no longer working on Z3100  (Read 2348 times)

namartinnz

Spooler/Print preview no longer working on Z3100
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:11 pm »

About 7 days ago my z3100 44" printer would stall when print preview window would come up, this with spool print documents ticked in printer properties. Previous this would run perfectly. The printer will run if option print directly to printer is ticked.

Also I have to go into services to turn off spooler then delete any print jobs. Previously canceled documents would delete no problems.

I'm using windows 7 ultimate, networked, using HP Driver installer 61.101.366.41 and HP Utility    1.14.1.9. I've uninstalled all the drivers and ports. I must be missing some steps to uninstall everything - registry settings too?

Am I able to run drivers under XP emulator?

Looking online I see a few others with similar issues but not totally resolved. Any help appreciated.

Neal

bruce tester

Re: Spooler/Print preview no longer working on Z3100
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 03:13:21 pm »

i'm having exactly the same problem.  I operate on a Windows 7 64 bit computer printing to an HP DesignJet Z3100 24" printer.  this problem developed after I installed Photoshop CS6.  My workaround is that I do not check the box in the print dialog for "Preview".  However, I have always preferred to use preview to be sure the orientation is correct.  I see in the HP User Guide at page 47 a note that "HP Print Preview is not available if you are using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Reader, or Apple Aperture."  So I wonder if there is something in CS6 that causes print preview to become inoperable.  Incidentally, after this problem occurred, I tried to print from CS5, and I have exactly the same issue.  Previously, print preview worked fine from CS5.

namartinnz

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:56:10 pm »

I never arrived at a solution Bruce - I think it may be an issue with how Windows 7 operates (I'm using 32 bit). I have the same issue with my new Z3200 printing out of Qimage. Sometimes it'll work fine with preview and come up with the preview window. Other times it'll freeze. Then I have to go into services menu, stop the print spooler, then delete the file and restart. Totally frustrating at times.

Neal

artobest

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:11 am »

For what it's worth, I'm having no such problems with my Z3200ps, and I run Windows 7 x64 with CS6 installed, and print from Qimage. So although it may be a Windows problem, it's not universal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up