Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Metadata has changed" badge reappearing  (Read 2293 times)

jaapb

"Metadata has changed" badge reappearing
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »

In Lightroom 4 (as of tonight 4.1) on Mac OSX 10.6.8 I have created a smart collection to track files from which the metadata needs to be written to file/xmp and to do a batch save of metadata to xmp

The smart collection works fine except for the same 36 files that keep reappearing in the collection within seconds after cmd-a/cmd-s showing their "metadata has changed in lightroom" badge.
This is odd while the files are not touched in develop or anything else I am aware of. The affected files have, as far as I know, nothing really in common.
Files are RW2 and NEF raws, reside on a NAS or a striped local storage device, some are published to SmugMug others are not, few have captions and nothing has changed in the history panel.

Have any of you seen this behaviour or know what is going on?
Help is really appreciated.

Jaap

Stephen Starkman

Re: "Metadata has changed" badge reappearing
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:33:32 pm »

Likely not the cause of your issue..... but I've had similar symptoms that I traced to improper OS level permissions on files/directories. Just a thought.

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 02:09:13 am »

I've seen the same behavior, even in Lr3.  I haven't been able to figure out an exact cause as the files themselves haven't been further modified in Lr or another software program.

Interestingly, if I save the metadata, then read metadata from file.. it seems to resolve the issue.... but you should have to do that.
John
Flickr

jaapb

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 02:25:09 pm »

Stephen and John thank you for the suggestions. Eventually the read back metadata from file into catalogue did the trick (Metadata menu-item in Library). Although plausible I didn't see a problem with permissions.
Still no clue what actually caused this issue.
Thanks again.

Jaap
Pages: [1]   Go Up