Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eclipse 2012  (Read 3424 times)

bdosserman

Eclipse 2012
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:02 pm »

I rather like the first shot, notwithstanding the power line. So my naive question (as someone who has never tried this) is, why not clone it out if you don't like it? Do you avoid cloning things out on principle, or is it somehow tricky in this case?

Thanks,

Brian

dreed

Re: Eclipse 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:01:16 am »

Please, spell check.

"Rumania"?

Has Michael recently traded in his Canadian citizenship and become an American?

michael

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:09:29 am »

I suppose that I could have worked on it with Content Aware Fill in Photoshop, but the shot just wasn't good enough to warrant the time and effort.

Michael

I rather like the first shot, notwithstanding the power line. So my naive question (as someone who has never tried this) is, why not clone it out if you don't like it? Do you avoid cloning things out on principle, or is it somehow tricky in this case?

Thanks,

Brian

David Hufford

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:18:08 am »

Both Romania and Rumania are correct, although the latter is said to be a little dated. But don't trust me, (nor my spellcheck which accepts Rumania) for I am an American of the US variety. 

http://www.orbilat.com/Languages/Rumanian/Rumanian_vs_Romanian.html
*Never fall in love with anything that c

bjanes

Now to the transit of Venusw
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 12:05:30 pm »

The eclipse was an unusual event, but an even rarer event will be the transit of Venus on 5 and 6 June 2012. The next transit will not be until 2117. It is time to start planning to photograph this transit. Basic information is here. Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Bill

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »

Yes the transit will be an interesting phenomenon, and very rare.  I'm having trouble visualizing a photographic opportunity unless you are into astronomy.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Now to the transit of Venusw
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 01:08:01 pm »

The eclipse was an unusual event, but an even rarer event will be the transit of Venus on 5 and 6 June 2012. The next transit will not be until 2117. It is time to start planning to photograph this transit. Basic information is here. Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Bill

Cool. Iirc, 6-5 coresponds with the lowest tide of the year.

bjanes

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:23 pm »

Yes the transit will be an interesting phenomenon, and very rare.  I'm having trouble visualizing a photographic opportunity unless you are into astronomy.

Yes, the event and photographs thereof would be of interest primarily to those interested in astronomy, but choice of a proper foreground would add impact to the image. The US Naval Observatory almanac for computers (MICA) has such an image on the front cover.

Regards,

Bill

dreed

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 04:34:26 pm »

Both Romania and Rumania are correct, although the latter is said to be a little dated. But don't trust me, (nor my spellcheck which accepts Rumania) for I am an American of the US variety. 

http://www.orbilat.com/Languages/Rumanian/Rumanian_vs_Romanian.html

Well I never knew (I've never seen "Rumania" used before). How bizarre. At least on the link through, he uses "Romania".

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 12:20:20 am »

It makes sense.
All you have to remember, that rum translates to rom in Romanian.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:01 am »

I also shot the eclipse but less artistically. I was going more for making a timelapse of the event and it also started fairly high in the sky for me and not a lot of really interesting scenery for a landscape shot. Click on the images to see larger versions, there was a solar filter on the lens.
http://www.aps-photo.com/2012/05/image-of-the-week-20/

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Isaac

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:41 pm »

I think this kind of straight preparation and execution story leavens the mix of articles published here - I like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up