Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reflections - To Invert or Not to Invert  (Read 1279 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Reflections - To Invert or Not to Invert
« on: May 19, 2012, 07:23:31 am »

I took this reflection photo recently and didn't like it right-side-up. So I inverted it, which I think works better. I also added a gradient to the bottom as I get the feeling that I want to see something solid there. I may be able to re-shoot this including a bit of the unreflected portion of the scene.

What do others think about reflected images that do not include the unreflected object. Should they be inverted or left upside down?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:25:31 am by Remo Nonaz »
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

sierraman

Re: Reflections - To Invert or Not to Invert
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:56:43 am »

I like both images either way. I tried the same thing here but I didn't like it.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 12:14:53 pm »

Hi Remo,
I was wondering about this too, but suspected that an inversion might be a bit too cute, and annoying. I tested my hypothesis by posting an inverted image (Grassi Lakes), and the number of responses (0) suggests a lack of interest in this approach. Good to know! :)
On the other hand we should make and share the images that we enjoy.
Scott

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »

What do others think about reflected images that do not include the unreflected object. Should they be inverted or left upside down?

It depends on the image; there's no general rule. I tend to invert them as otherwise people hurt their necks. I was pleased with this one, a little while ago.

Jeremy

Isaac

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »

... an inverted image (Grassi Lakes), and the number of responses (0) suggests a lack of interest in this approach.
Careful - absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up