Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wife needs new Camera - Please help with suggestions.  (Read 10112 times)

SpiritShooter

Re: Wife needs new Camera - Please help with suggestions.
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 06:21:45 pm »

Ha, you just don't realize that being proactive with the wife is the key to living a joyous and easy life. :)

Seriously, after 33 years one learns to know what she likes and what she doesn't. On top of that, there is always the return desk.
Fortunately, all is well and the story ends happily.  :)

It's has been a great weekend.

stever

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 11:16:54 pm »

you didn't mention, was it the Redneck Edition?

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 04:44:23 am »

Ha, you just don't realize that being proactive with the wife is the key to living a joyous and easy life. :)

Seriously, after 33 years one learns to know what she likes and what she doesn't. On top of that, there is always the return desk.
Fortunately, all is well and the story ends happily.  :)

It's has been a great weekend.

Did you both find time to take some pictures, too?

;-)

Rob C

Lightsmith

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 06:32:14 pm »

I bought the Olympus E-PL-1 (replaced by E-PL2) which is a great four thirds camera with very good image at ISO 1600. The camera with its 14-42mm (full frame 28-84mm) zoom lens and lithium-ion battery weighs 17 oz. which is less than the weight of most of my lenses alone.

Flash is a pop-up and out unit that creates a natural looking flash and seldom any red-eye problems. It will also wirelessly control a TTL flash from Olympus or Metz as an option.

What has made the camera great for my wife is all of its sophisticated scene modes. For example it has a macro flash mode that makes it easy to take a closeup of a flower and have the entire background black. Not too many P&S cameras that can do this. With a portrait back lit mode you can take a person with strong back lighting and the camera will use face recognition to properly add fill flash. The new D800 will do this but it is a nice feature on a camera that with the zoom lens sells for $450.

My wife was not that big into photography before getting the camera and using it on a trip to Costa Rica. Now she loves taking pictures as she gets good results without needing to understand f-stops or apertures or much else.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up