Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your thoughts please  (Read 1178 times)

James Billett

• Taunton Wedding Photographer
Your thoughts please
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:25:39 am »

Posted in here months ago to get some feedback on my work and it was so helpful I've decided to call on you again.

I made this photograph in the hope to reflect something of the lifestyle of the people within this demographic. Your thoughts please.

amolitor

Re: Your thoughts please
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:19:03 am »

The light isn't my cup of tea, a little too diffuse. It's a fair, workmanlike portrait, of its sort though.

There are a few elements that jump out at me, viewing this as a study of a girl within a community:

The wallpaper is astonishing and retro.
Her expression, posture, clothing, and hair feel conservative and held in, a little, but this could be entirely due to being photographed.
She looks neither rich nor poor, religious and agnostic. She looks like she could belong to a specific ethnicity, or be a mixed breed like me.

I can see this image supporting other material to make some point about lifestyle within a demographic, but I am not feeling any such point inhering in it.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 10:01:37 am »

All I can add is this: another one who kept her footwear on!

These demographics have a lot for which to answer.

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:04:53 am »

James, have you considered something like this? It's a pretty good portrait in color, but the wallpaper color distracts. The color of the flowers is too close to the kid's skin color. There's still a problem in B&W because of the massive blobs on the wallpaper, but to me B&W with a little vignetting seems an improvement.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:26:09 pm by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up